Buddy connection

Advert

You haven't said what transmitter you're considering modifying but the basic requirement, assuming you want to use this as the slave transmitter, is that you can identify a PPM output. If this is a simple "own brand" transmitter as supplied with some RTF models, this may not be easy - or possible - to identify.

Using it as a master will be more complicated, as you will need to arrange to switch the PPM input from its normal routing to allow it to receive the PPM stream from the slave.

Perhaps some details of the transmitter(s) you have in mind to modify might reveal if anyone has some in-depth knowledge of that particular equipment?

There will be other considerations such as PPM compatibility and channel layout - looking back at your posts you mention that you have a Spektrum transmitter so it would probably be easier to buy a basic model Spektrum to use - or if you're committed to the hobby, consider upgrading to a better model than you have now for more channels/facilities and use the existing one for buddying.

Edited By Martin Harris on 31/05/2014 13:48:00

Thanks for all that detailed input. I probably should have given more details with my request. It is true that I use a DX6i for flying. This is for use with my Phoenix flight sim.as the box I had has died and the manufacturers have obliterated the number in the i.c. which I think is the problem. However I have several other transmitters but not with buddy outputs so can't use them with said sim. hence the question.

Brian

It is the control box I am sure, I have looked inside and the I.C. chip is getting hot, in fact is drawing 2 amps from the battery without the adaptor plugged in. The manufacturer has obliterated the details on the chip to prevent anyone knowing what it is. The control box is a BMI Game Pilot 6

Brian