Why am i Chipping in ?

John, you are a far more competent flyer than I am and you speak from your experience. I'm just making the assumption that the aerodynamics of the airframe will determine the way it stalls, the weight determines the speed it happens at. Either way, the faster it's going the worse the consequences are going to be, I guess.

With this design I'm never going to question the competence of Dennis Bryant, if he decided it didn't need wash-out then he's right. I was interested to find that the very similar Airsail version does have wash-out and it looks as if the full-size does as well. I'm doing a bit of experimenting with my build anyway, so I might build it in and if it flies ok, we've all got a chance then to compare notes and see if there are any differences. I've got it in my head that progressive wash-out might make a wing more efficient, but I'm very likely wrong.

Did the pin it to a window trick, to get other wing panel and started checking my ribs all fit.

Been a bit of chat about the plans accuracy...flaps etc I don't care myself, I joined to learn how to do all the little bits that make a model stand out. Any help I get in doing this will much appreciatedteeth 2

John

tother wing 001.jpg

Edited By john stones 1 on 30/10/2014 17:58:33

c.section 002.jpgStarted the centre section, built with 2 x 1/8 R1's and a 1/4 centre rib, spruce spars in ribs for the braces to glue to.

I've been pondering the dowel and wing bolt method.... I don't like the build where the w/bolt fits through the wing between B3-B4 . I want to use 1 dowel at l/e and 2 w/bolts at rear so I shall fill it with soft block.

John

c..s 003.jpg

John - I tnink you have have convinced me to build in three sections. That's how my DB Turbulent was built. The problem I had with that was trying to get the dihedral brace in through the ribs in the wing panels after building. Broke no end of ribs doing so. Trial fitting of the cut parts suggests that won't be a problem with this build.

Terry