MFs Chipmunk

Martin Fane

Hi Martin, You've made a lovely job of it. Great colour scheme as well. Very impressive. frontI was pleased to see the results of your maiden, it gives me encouragement for when I test mine. I built an Airsail Chippie nearly a year ago and have delayed test flying due to other commitments. But, with the summer coming (here in NZ) there should be no more excuses. Out of interest mine weighed in at 3.4 kg (7.5 lb) including all r/c gear and a bit of nose weight to bring up the CG.

Posted by Martin Fane on 21/09/2016 19:48:56:

Danny

Gear was fine, nice light landings helped.

Elevator was fine too, I think my throws were around 12mm.

Power was fine too, she flew around on half throttle mostly.

Stall was a non event.

I did have a scary moment on the second flight, lots of vibration sounding like an out of balance prop which turned out to be the prop drive fasteners loosening of at the motor. i took this as a sign to end the days flying sad

Biggest problem is with the aileron centering. Its just not consistent when the ailerons return to neutral after deflection either way.....did you experience this ?

Hi Martin, my ailerons also didn't centre perfectly but it didn't really affect the flight much, perhaps I would have noticed it on subsequent flights had I had any

Sounds like you went too easy on the loctite?

Once I open up my wing and repair the damage I can look forward to another flight

Cheers

Danny