Avro Vulcan B2

Mark Kettle 1

Mark

I will not interrupt your build blog but just to say I received your 2 kits this morning and I am over the moon with them. What a fantastic job you have done and you have made the kit so easy to build with your pre-cut parts and instructions. Everything is included apart from the servos and final paint.

Just amazing I don't know how you do it.

Alan

Advert

Oh well thanks for saying so Alan, I've tried to do a little to help and certain cuts I do within the kit do help and hopefully making it a quick built for essentially a complex shaped Vulcan.

The two original ones really got me thinking how I could make it easier for the modeller without it taking me to much time to make. I'm pleased with the results as well, especially the flying part.

I hope both your friend and yourself Alan enjoy your build and flying.

Keep in touch.

Thank You for your enquiry about a Epp foam Vulcan Tony F . What's you surname and I'll PM you the price. The cost includes Free delivery and in the kit to help finish off the model :

UHU contact adhesive - PVA 500 ml - Tub of Lite Filler 600 -or- 500 ml size - and brown paper to cover the model

I am working down a long list of interest in turn if your happy to wait Tony F. I estimate available -and /or- I will be contacting you around the 16 th April 2015.

The improvement to the electric motor powered one is I put a 20 mm thick piece of foam on the bottom of the fuselage rather than the 10 mm thick the reason is for a finger grip underneath for launching if it's kept square this makes for a easy launch.

I put in :-

• to save weight 2 x 9 g metal gear servos in wing
  • Electric motor D2836/7 - 1120kv in tail-cone
  • ESC 50A fitted flush heat-sink on bottom near tail-cone
  • a 9" x 4.5" prop misses the back of the fin you could even fit a 10"

If your still interested - contact me.

Kind regards - Mark Kettle

Morning Mark,

I'm planning to come up to Aprils PSSA meet and hopefully pick up my completed model, I'll be looking to get it in the air that day, will a standard size rx fit or does it need a smaller one? Also is it a square AA or AAA size battery pack that is needed.

Many thanks.

Phil

Edited By Phil May on 24/03/2015 09:59:07

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the successful maiden Phil - look forward to seeing you fly it at one of our events soon!!

Mark - Im going 'early gloss camo with high vis RAF markings and a white underbelly' for contrast. I may well fit it with a semi recessed Blue Steel as my dad worked on the project in a past life and we have always had a link to the stand off bomb - might make a nice launch grip too?? wink

Andy - dont worry, I have to get the A-10 done first, I know. And I will. But when Im in the darkest lull of modellers depression (75 hours into the glassing/filling/sanding/priming/sanding process no doubt) I might knock the Vulcan together one weekend as a well earnt breather!

Edited By Phil Cooke on 01/05/2015 17:08:58