Canadian Lancaster in the UK

Advert

Posted by Andy Meade on 05/08/2014 15:25:41:

Hi John,

Here's an itinerary for you :

http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx

I'm at Bournemouth airshow to see them, and will also try to get to East Kirby too for all 3 together.

Edit to add : she's on her way

Edited By Andy Meade on 05/08/2014 15:28:46

Thank for that. Shuttleworth is only five miles away and we always get aircraft forming up over us at Cranfield. Might get a free flyby!

Edited By John F on 05/08/2014 15:41:50

HI Colin.

Good luck, speaking from experience it is something you will never forget, having been lucky enough to fly in the BBMF one.

Perhaps I should enter as there cant be many people who could say they have flown in both the remaining airworthy Lancs?

No I will be generous and let someone else win lol

Cut and paste from **LINK**

Latest update into Keflavik, Iceland is for arrival at approx. 8:15 pm local time (Iceland) - that's 9:15 pm in England and 4:15 pm back at home base in Hamilton. Depending on crew fatigue and weather, we might hop over to Reykjavik Thursday for a short visit (details if happens would be posted tomorrow). Can't wait for Coningsby on Friday!!!

Hmm... Not sure if that was a missed approach or a low-level pass for the cameras/spectators (I assume both are present) They've just flown down runway 11, turned left and are now lined-up and descending for runway 20. Must have been a deliberate low-pass - theyre much slower this time!