Canadian Lancaster in the UK

Advert

Saw both the Lancasters today at the Eastbourne display. They were accompanied by two Spitfires,one with clipped wings. Earlier in the free show there was both a Spitfire MK1 and afterwards a Mustang performing. We unfortunately were located at Beachy Head and got a good view of the flying but other than the Spitfire MK1 none of the other planes flew close enough to get any reasonable photographs.

Stunning and very emotional for me. Did anyone see Carol Kirkwood doing the weather on BBC1 this morning from Biggin Hill using the two Lancasters as the background? It was brilliant because they were interviewing and describing the history as well.

PA474 is going to look very lonely after its' Canadian sister goes home. Let's make the most of it while we can.

I saw the news this morning also.......the other one (lanc) based in Lincoln(just Jane) ... will be going up in the air in the near future ....they got a heritage lottery grant and purchased 4 certified merlin's for the job......so we will have a UK air force/presence again.....

ken Anderson ne...1 ..... carol Kirkwood fan club.

Posted by Dylan Reynolds LaserCraft Services on 15/08/2014 13:16:30:

I have heard they will be doing a fly past over Windermere soon, but cannot find any details of when anywhere, does anybody know if this is true or when it is scheduled for? I would hate to miss it.

The schedule (as previously posted several pages ago) is here. The Windermere flypast is scheduled for Sunday September 7.

And I've just realised there's a local (to me) flypast this Sunday at Kenley.