Retrospective shed thread

reg shaw

Advert

Posted by fly-navy on 27/12/2016 21:00:58:

Yeah righto Reg, see how long that lasts before you can't see the floor again devil

Edited By fly-navy on 27/12/2016 21:06:26

You know me too well matey!! You'll have to have a run up and take the mickey in person!! Since it's a railway type shed at a railway house, and we needed some gates across to separate the garden and the drive, we made some 'crossing' type gates to fill the gap and hide the model trailer a bit. Need to make the hinges and fit the horizontal bars and the all important red spot! This is now getting to the end of the shed thread as the stuff we are doing now isn't too relevant to toy aeroplanes anymore so that'll be this done, until we move house again that is!!

Ian.

dscf5519.jpg

dscf5518.jpg

dscf5516.jpg

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 28/12/2016 20:18:14

Took a flying visit today to inspect shed and pass it off before he set off doing some argey bargey sailing.

Gents it's a thing of beauty and something most of us dream of or to aspire of owning, could not believe the size and space and how Ian has utilised it all, would you believe he wouldn't leave me on my ownsome in there crying I had deep pockets too. The cottage and grounds are delightful and that is another project for him, after the stableblock he renovated and lived in previously I thought that would be the end of those projects. Doesn't like life easy our master builder.

Well done matey, stunning job yes

• 1 month later...

Cheers John, much appreciated comments! Sorry to drag this up again (not really I'm chuffed and wanted to share!!) Got the gates all but finished, with the lamp latch and horizontal bars etc. Made up the hinge / corner brackets which wer a bit involved as they have to line up with the shed structure and keep the gates at the right height. Just the other gate hinge to make now, to pick up on the bricks and not the mortar joints!

Ian.

dscf5638.jpg

dscf5641.jpg

dscf5639.jpg

dscf5642.jpg

dscf5648.jpg

Posted by Paul Marsh on 05/02/2017 07:35:05:

I like your railway gates. Also I notice your plot is next to a railway line. Your shed could be mistaken for a old railway siding storage.

That was the whole point of the shed Paul. The house is an old North Staffordshire Railway house and station, we have seen old plans of the house which shows a siding and workshops on site. It would have been far too convenient to build a 'normal shed' but it would look like a normal shed and not something that might have just been refurbished. Cheers mate, see you soon at Congleton perhaps!

Ian.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More shedliness I'm afraid!! Got the hinges and gates made and completed, and the big job of bitumen-ing the corrugated tins out of the way. Its turned a new looking shed into something that looks like its been there for years, perfect!! Now hopefully I 'll get some modelling done and get some of those unfinished build / refurb threads done!

Ian.

dscf5749.jpg

dscf5750.jpg

dscf5747.jpg

dscf5746.jpg

dscf5745.jpg

• 11 months later...

Here's a few pics to show that no matter what shed you have, it always gets filled to capacity and then some! After ages of not being used for its designed purpose, it now is back to being a toy aeroplane shed, a hopefully busy one at that! Gone (for now at least) are the various narrowboat restoration and window frame making bits of gubbins that has taken up precious space and time for the last few months and for the first time in what must be four years I have a useable shed and more importantly the enthusiasm to use it! On a sadder note though, we lost one of my modelling heros recently, RIP David Vaughan, a truly great bloke and modeller. The memories of his modelas and plans will live with me forever, many thanks David. An inspirational man and modeller.

Ian.

dscf6063.jpg

shedliness4.jpg

shedliness3.jpg

shedliness2.jpg

shedliness1.jpg

shedliness.jpg

Well I like that a lot.My sheds are both stuffed but only half of it is models .There is my car tools and plumbing tools. Loads of both plus compressor welder and other bits. But also lots of domestic bits that have been shoved in and a couple of side drums from my BB days. I've not been able to get out to it to sort it out as I still haven't had my hip ops. The smaller shed is stuffed with more power tools ans loads of plastic bags of I know not what. Also space in outside understairs cupboard is chocker too .It will take me months to sort them out.

Well I like that a lot.My sheds are both stuffed but only half of it is models .There is my car tools and plumbing tools. Loads of both plus compressor welder and other bits. But also lots of domestic bits that have been shoved in and a couple of side drums from my BB days. I've not been able to get out to it to sort it out as I still haven't had my hip ops. The smaller shed is stuffed with more power tools ans loads of plastic bags of I know not what. Also space in outside understairs cupboard is chocker too .It will take me months to sort them out.  /TW did I spot Spit wings in Yank markings? And what is in the silver bundles hanging on the left?

Edited By onetenor on 09/03/2018 01:03:32

Edited By onetenor on 09/03/2018 01:05:53