Airsail Kits now available

kevin b

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Had a busy week this week, with the magazine carrying contact details.

The kits are half sold with one now gone to Sweden, one to France and another heading to The Netherlands.

If you are thinking of buying one, please don't wait too long. There is talk of Brian selling the commercial rights, so the next lot certainly won't be at these prices !!!

I am waiting for my kit to arrive from Kevin, probably tomorrow. This will be my first build from a kit in thirty years, having only re-started flying models last year !!

I think that I will probably go for a Laser 70 or a Saito72, although it looks as if the Laser will fit better in the cowl - any thoughts?

I have also seen that ZKBap recommends moving the undercarriage forward by 10mm; is anyone else doing this, or has anyone found nosing-over to be a problem?

Here's where the kit to Sweden ended up...

Kevin B, many thanks for great handling and very quick delivery, ordered on tuesday arrived on friday, fantastic!!

A few word about the kit, it looks just great, no "die crushed" parts, all laser cut from good quality wood.

Vac formed parts and canopy, all without marks and wrinkles or thin and flimsy areas.

The drawing is just amazing, the best I've seen included in a kit!!

For those of you who want a Chipmunk to build, grab one before they sold out, worth every penny!! Or krona if you live in Sweden...

Kind regards

Uhlric Z

Thanks Pete.

Just to repeat.

Chipmunk £163.00

Auster £143.00

Beaver £127.00

That includes all charges to UK mainland postal addresses, subject to my couriers being able to deliver.

I can use Parcel Force, but at additional cost. Please PM me for further details.

Please note, that they are selling quicker than I expected and I have now found out that Brian will not be producing any more kits.

• 5 months later...

Hi Kevin,

I'm completely new to R/C flying and am about to join a local club to learn to fly with a Phoenix Boomerang / Spektrum combo. However, what I'm really interested in is building as well as flying and have decided to tackle an Airsail Chipmunk, as a lifetime ago, I attempted to become a Qantas pilot at Hamble flying these great little planes. I bought the last Airsail kit from NZ a few weeks ago and was assured that it was the latest version with the flaps included, but when the kit arrived although there was a full parts listing and instructions, I could find no parts. Strangely, I can't seem to get a response from Airsail direct, so wondered if you can tell me if there should have been another plastic bag with flap parts in the box? I can source the required balsa here in Sydney, but as a complete newcomer, I'm not sure of the other specific parts e.g. "1-Flexible push rod set" (size / length/ how many parts in the set etc).

This is a great site and I have already learned a lot from the many postings I've read to date and I'm sure I will become a regular visitor...

Ian Mac

• 9 months later...