Phoenix cable?

Vinegar Dave

Advert

Posted by Vinegar Dave on 19/12/2014 19:22:18:

Well my cable between my DX7 and my laptop to use my Phoenix sim has flown away??

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get another...Many thanks

Forgive me if I'm maligning you, but I do hope this is a genuine request, and not just software piracy. I know how the mods here are very strict on the subject.

I'd buy the genuine Phoenix article if I were you

Al's hobbies do their own brand connector. It's cheap but, not if you have to make repeat purchases - I'm on my third, and wishing I'd taken my own advice and bought the genuine article. When I prised the cover off the failed two Al's items (Futaba square plug) the "wire" looked like a couple of strands of angel's hair that had been stuck on to the pin by spit

Haven't seen the Hobbyking article recommended above, so can't speak for that one

Edited By IanN on 20/12/2014 00:10:26

Indeed Brian, and it's the "Phoenix box" that Vinegar Dave seems to have lost. That, of course, is the bit that prevents you just running off copies of Phoenix and so won't be available on its own for significantly less than the cost of the full-product - if at all. I seem to recall that Phoenix would sell you a replacement for a damaged one (eg. the dog ate it!) but only if you sent them the damaged one first.

Yes its fine to use but this time of year the Phoenix just keeps you from not going a bit rusty. I guess a new simulator might be the way to go but it really sounds rediculous you can't buy one and if its a clever marketing ploy to get you to buy another disc i shall be going elswhere to get another different one.

Posted by Vinegar Dave on 21/12/2014 10:26:48:

Yes its fine to use but this time of year the Phoenix just keeps you from not going a bit rusty. I guess a new simulator might be the way to go but it really sounds rediculous you can't buy one and if its a clever marketing ploy to get you to buy another disc i shall be going elswhere to get another different one.

It is not a marketing ploy! The Phoenix lead contains the hardware.Everthing else can be bought as spares (and the disc itself can be updated by downloading). If you shop around you can get a new Phoenix complete setup incl the specific lead for your Tx for about £55.

If they sold the Phoenix lead at less than the full price of Phoenix, there would be nothing to stop people using it with a cloned disc.

Posted by Vinegar Dave on 21/12/2014 10:26:48:

It's actually called product security, you pay full price for the lead and adaptor (hardware), and get the software for free, which, as Robert says prevents cloning.