Weston Park 2015

Steve Dunning

I know that I have started another thread for events next year but this is a bit different. Paul Bardoe has provisionally booked us a stand to advertise the UKCAA at Weston Park. The whole idea relies on having enough bodies to both man the stand and allow people to have breaks as well for the two days.

This does not mean committing yourself to two whole days, but if sufficient numbers are willing to 'do a bit' then we will have widespread exposure at probably one of the biggest shows on the circuit.

If anyone is will to help, could you please make yourself known so that planning can go ahead. Half a day, full day, all weekend, it doesn't matter, just so that some thought can be put into it.

Best regards to all for a good holiday

Steve

• 3 months later...

HELP REQUIRED!

Due to health problems, I am unable to man the stand for the two days at Weston Park. I have informed Paul Bardoe but to save cancelling the stand, would anyone be willing to take responsibility for this event and liaise with Paul accordingly. If not then the stand will have to be cancelled. These are unforeseen circumstances and not what I had planned.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Went today. Expensive at £12, and light on traders I thought - one area entirely toys and non aeromodelling stuff, and a few marquees not open, but that seems normal for the Friday. Didn't see Al's or Motors and Rotors who are usually there for example, and the main run of stands included things like 'Airbrush Tattoo's' - we of the Apostrophe Police advised them of the error of their ways.

Whole new area for quads and FPV racing with its own set of stalls.

I'm sure there will also be more in the flying display tomorrow as well, but standing 20 feet from the pulse jets being started was a pretty visceral experience.

When will DB sound get pensioned off - he gets worse, just ill informed drivel.