Stopping a Zenoah SG62SL engine

Ianb

Hi All,

I have just purchased a Zenoah SG62SL engine, the question i have to ask is ... is there any other way of stopping the engine other than using the throttle servo on throttle cut or the choke servo to choke it , as this engine is fitted with a self generating ignition system and there no way to switch the ignition off and cut the engine out via a switch (the black cut out cable from the front ignition coil is cut off at the factory as this is suppose to cause probs with the radio system)

Thanks

Advert

I've got three of these engines. Two are mag ignition and one is EI. I use the throttle cut function on all three to stop the engine. I use the EI switch to arm/disarm on the ground.

Never had any problems with them. There are hundreds of G62 engines around, apparently they get better with age.

How else do you want to stop the engine?

have quite a few Zenoahs of various sizes and all are mag type and stopped using throttle, but i can advise fitting a choke servo rather than manual operation, if only for the ability to have another means of cutting the motor in the unlikely, but it has happened, event of throttle linkage/servo failure whilst flying, if you have a large fuel tank even a 62 will run for a very long time untill tank empty,s

merry christmas

chris

Edited By ceejay on 25/12/2014 15:18:26

I have never heard of the low Tension ground the cool being cut off at factory ? It should not cause radioproblems especially if you are using 2.4 radio .Can you not solder a wire back on? A simple switch or a micro switch attached to a sevo would then make a effective kill switch. Alternativel you could convert to electronic ignition much lighter and easier starting and then fit a electronic ignition switch but at a cost.

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot solder a cable back on as it has been cut off flush with the front coil. I will quote what it says in the manual supplied by toniclark.com about this ......

"It is very dangerous to fit a so called engine kill switch and should be avoided when possible"

I may fit an easy start system if starting is a problem, has anyone had any dealings with the easy start system?

**LINK**

Thanks smiley