Alleron servos

trebor

Advert

If you've got a modern radio with even basic mixing it's not a problem to set up differential ailerons. Flick through your radio's manual, it'll be there somewhere. Y leads are OK, but getting the mechanics correct at the servo can be a pain, and of course with the tranny doing the mixing the individual aileron throws and rates can be finely set.

Edited By Cuban8 on 14/01/2015 13:01:31

On your DX6, select 'Dual Aileron' in the 'Aircraft Type' menu. Connect the starboard wing aileron lead to the aileron ch on the Rx and the port wing aileron lead to the Aux1 ch. This is pretty well universal for the Spekky system.

If you want flaperon or spoileron function on the ailerons, select 'Flaperons'. This will enable access to the Flap menu for moving the ailerons in unison, whichever way you wish.

Pete

My own experience with sports and semi scale models there is no advantage in using differential aileron. I have experimented, particularly with models which initially had handling issues, with differential. Not on one occasion did I see any benefit, most disappointing.

On that basis i tend to go for a "Y" lead.

The main advantage i have found in using two channels is on deltas and flying wings, where they become elevons.

Well the only reason for asking is I got an Efilte 330 sc for Christmas. It's a profile fuselage and the channel for the cables is very small the cable plugs and sockets will hardly fit in. I was thinking of cutting rudder and elevator plugs off and solider wires together which would be easier to get them in. The Y lead I don't think would go in and the servo plugs would be better going straight into Rx on the outside of fuselage.

What I've done a few times is to remove the servo lead pins from the plastic housing, feed the end of the lead through the tunnel then replace the housing. No soldering required. I found it's possible to get the wire with pins fitted through a snake outer, which is useful if you want to update an old wing to twin servos.