extra throw or something

onetenor

bought small heli and tranny from local market second hand toy stall. No history at all and tanny looks as though should match up with a car rather than a heli. both 35 Mhz an tranny does turn the rotors but cannot achieve take off revs. There is no movement for first 1/4 of quadrant but rotors then start to turn from ther. Can the pot be adjusted or physically repositioned to enable a greater control signal to make rotors turn faster. Any ideas folks? Thanks for reading. BTW I can solder etc. John

Specifics of the model would help but, since you talk about "rotors" (plural) I guess you've got a coaxial heli. If that's the case, can you hear the motor(s) running when you open the throttle, before the blades start turning? It's easy for the screws securing the rotor heads or the drive gears to come loose so that the drive is disconnected.

Sorry but buying off a second hand stall is a considerable risk unless you know the plane/helicopter well - usually because you had one already.

You may be lucky and its could be an easy fix but there could equally well be a reason it was on the stall in the first pace. wink 2

I hope you did not pay too much for it.

As has been said some good pictures of it and the transmitter might help.

Really need to establish the condition of the battery supplied before any time or effort is expended. If the model is second hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the cells have been abused or have just worn out. Hopefully, you've only spent a couple of quid on it, but as there's so many cheap as chips brand new one's about in toy shops, markets Ebay etc - I'd be wary of throwing good money after bad. If the flight batteries have had it, you'll more than likely spend as much on replacements as you'll pay for a new model! (the infra red control type)

Worth having a play with first though, you've nothing to lose really. Any chance of a picture of the model?

Edited By Cuban8 on 15/02/2015 13:39:54

Sorry no pics, battery replaced with new from stock. Rotor, gears etc all correct. Shell is yellow streamlined and bears word Fyer (not FLYER ) Transmitter has RC Racer on it which made me think car. Rx lights up through translucent case when switched on. This is third time trying to post .first two vanished. i've made this one a bit shorter so if others show up they say same with all the frills so to speak. Tanks to everyone for your interest

Sorry can;t give pics as even web cam is not working yet again/ Keeps going off for some reason. No box just in pile of choppers and cars This was best match I could find in short time and not been able to getTback there as hips got suddenly worse. Just playing indoors to keep hand in..The bigger one a DRAGONFLY 9093 possibly same make but can;t read name as the instruction sheet /pamphlet is stuck together ( glazed paper )Same type of Rx and coloured plastic. A bit too big for indoors and light fittings are in peril.

Sorry can;t give pics as even web cam is not working yet again/ Keeps going off for some reason. No box just in pile of choppers and cars This was best match I could find in short time and not been able to getTback there as hips got suddenly worse. Just playing indoors to keep hand in..The bigger one a DRAGONFLY 9093 possibly same make but can;t read name as the instruction sheet /pamphlet is stuck together ( glazed paper )Same type of Rx and coloured plastic. A bit too big for indoors and light fittings are in peril.