Need to find a new home for a sc.70 fs

Rusty C

Advert

Nice isn't it.....wink 2

I think its designed to take the engine side mounted.....your SC70 should be OK mounted sideways....would be a shame to spoil those nice lines with a big cylinder....I think you might find the tank might be a bit too low & cause running problems with an upright engine.... I have a few side mounted 4 strokes & they behave perfectly....thumbs up

Side mounted would work well. If you are really set on upright then the seagull isport would be a good choice.

Incidentally, what issues do you have with the engine running inverted? it shouldn't be any trouble and I would say that 90% of the engines I run are inverted and all are 4 stroke.

I couldn't get it to idle for more than 20/30 seconds when it was performing correctly, it is/was fitted to a seagul AT-6 at a sort of 8 o'clock position, near the end of my and others teather we started to point the finger at the tank position. The bulkhead was always very dirty with fuel so siphoning was a problem.

The engine is running beautifully on the test bed so would like to use it in something, it might just be fine at a horizontal orientation.

Thanks for the in put lads

Acrowot would be my suggestion. The problem you had in the Texan was probably more to do with the tank position in relation to the carb hight , no such problems with the Acrowot.

My flying buddy has the Zlin suggested by Steve and runs in on an ASP 60 fs. It goes well on that so your 70 would be a good choice. It seems a well built airframe except for the U/C mount, that's weeker than if it were made of cheese.

Thanks guys I will decide between the zlin, isport and the acro wot soon and get assembling.

The AT 6 was a bit of a let down after it went together well and generaly a good quality kit, I guess it would have been fine with a 2 stroke.

I am just in the process of robbing the parts from the AT 6, is its just me or is it hard to put a model down? Feels weird taking them apart but the wife would go nuts if I have more than 4 planes

Yes it's anoying Rusty I've had this with an ARTF ME 109, the tank was just so high above the inverted engine that the fuel would syphon out when it wasn't running. It was ok at high revs bit it wouldn't idle. A Perry pump may have sorted it but I lost heart with it in the end.

Posted by Rusty C on 24/02/2015 16:13:38:

I am just in the process of robbing the parts from the AT 6, is its just me or is it hard to put a model down? Feels weird taking them apart but the wife would go nuts if I have more than 4 planes

Blimey. I have 5 models in the garage which is really a bike shed combined with my wife's garden shed (she won't allow me in the garden, which suits me very well). There are 2 electric gliders next to my desk here. Then there's the indoor stuff (Vapor, 2 V911, a V912, and a small quad) plus an unknown number in the storage above. There's also so a 1 metre racing yacht and Thames sailing barge under construction.

She's put up with me for 48 years which included an unknown number of motor cycles for many years. As far as I know there are no divorce proceedings in the offing.

Surprised you couldn't get the SC70 to run inverted. My SC90 was fine. I had remote glow and a remote needle. I would think it would suit an Acrowot very well in a sidewinder configuration as others have said.

Geoff

Yeah I do the motorcycles and cars also so have plenty " rubbish" about a she says.

Probably go for the acro I think looks a good flying thing. The sc inverted would either idle great and run utter rubbish or run well and wouldn't idle for nothing. So I just gave up on the model, hopefully I will get the engine in the air soon as it done nothing but be run on the ground lol