Whats the green film?

GONZO

Saw this pic of a Vic Smeed Coquette covered with transparent green film. Anyone know for sure the manufacturer? I've found some trans green Oracover/Profilm. But, from the internet pics of it on the roll it looks too dark. Don't want to wast £80 on a roll thats not what I want. So, any help on identification and location to buy welcomed.

coquette green.jpg

Edited By GONZO on 28/05/2015 08:44:24

Advert

Posted by Justin K. on 28/05/2015 08:56:02:
**LINK**Is it litespan

Definitely not lite span as that looks like a tissue covering. It might be solarfilm Solite transparent covering. Great covering but beware it shrink is very very powerful an can distort light frames. Have a look on

www.solarfilm.co.uk 

PS colours look much deeper on the roll .  If you contact solar film they could probably send a sample or if your lucky your LMS might have some in stock to compare.

Edited By Engine Doctor on 28/05/2015 09:-32:08

Edited By Engine Doctor on 28/05/2015 09:35:46

Definitly green. I've not long spoken to Derek Foxwell of the 'Old School Model Aeroplane Factory' as the plane is one of his kits and he told me that the plane was about 10 years old, thought it could be Oracover. Remembered I had some Solarfilm swatches of all their products. Dug it out and I can confirm its none of those. After numerous calls to model shops Oracover/Profilm looks to be the favourite. But, it would appear that it is now only available in 2mtr rolls if you can find any in stock. As one shop told me its all down to the ARTF's, people just want odd bits and pieces to do small cosmetic repairs so the distributers have adapted to the market by reducing stock and the size of the rolls.

I get the feeling that along with the hobby being de skilled we're heading back to the dark days when you had very little in the way of accessories available from shops. I hope not.

Gonzo

Our LMS Gladstons in North Shields can have a roll delivered tomorrow if it is ordered with in the next half hour ,he is just about to place and order with J Perkins ( main supplier )

He can still have it early next week if required... £16-40 per roll

Hope this helps

Jim

(no probs if you don't want to proceed )

Richard,

nice video, did I hear an escapement in the background? Well SW @Frodsham say they have 2 of 2mtr rolls. So, do I pay the £7 approx postage or have an 80mls round trip drive and possibly definitely buy other items? Good job SWMBO doesn't mind what I spend my money on as long as some is spent on her. Latest request is for a set of 4 drilled and grouved discs with pads for her Toyota MR2 roadster.

Well off to SW on Monday, with SWMBO, to pick up 2 rolls of film and no doubt lots of other stuff that hadn't planed to buy!

For information to those that may be interested Derek Foxwell of 'Old School Model Aeroplane Factory' is working on, soon to be released, 150% Coquette(45" span) for electric power and an electric power version of the Vic Smeed 'Lola' to add to his list of laser cut kits.

Edited By GONZO on 28/05/2015 12:34:20