Advert

I know Richard from the shows, many I don't do. So I rang him up, and now i'm a show helper!

Thanks for the heads up. Already been with YT Int and Fantastic foam in the past, but it will help at least getting there and getting a pass, which I wouldn't go anyway. might as well.

Another interesting aviation job currently being advertised is at the Shuttleworth Collection.

They are looking for a new CEO (due to retirement), salary c.£90,000.

I suspect the successful applicant will need one heck of a C.V. !!

Posted by avtur on 29/05/2015 09:00:02:

Another interesting aviation job currently being advertised is at the Shuttleworth Collection.

Ninety grand...............nice money!

This of course is the same organisation who were asking recently for (unpaid) volunteers to work with the full time (paid) staff in the restaurant/cafe. Anyone who has worked in commercial catering will be aware of how hard the work is, so it seems a bit of a nerve to expect anyone to jump at the chance to spend the day elbow deep in dishwater and then not pay them for the privilege.

Posted by Cuban8 on 29/05/2015 10:38:54:
Posted by avtur on 29/05/2015 09:00:02:

Ninety grand...............nice money!

This of course is the same organisation who were asking recently for (unpaid) volunteers to work with the full time (paid) staff in the restaurant/cafe. Anyone who has worked in commercial catering will be aware of how hard the work is, so it seems a bit of a nerve to expect anyone to jump at the chance to spend the day elbow deep in dishwater and then not pay them for the privilege.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

we're going backwards in some respects to ordinary people earning a wage...that film '12 years a slave' will remade in the future and titled a 'slave all my life'..........mind you the country cant be that skint when two weeks ago there was a programme on tv ...... 'the most expensive food in the world' .... a cup of coffee..£500.00! ...somewhere down south....typical

ken Anderson...ne...1.......poundland forever dept.

Ken it's not a North / South thing.

The attitude of those in power all over Britain is that they themselves deserve a massive salary whilst their workers get paid the minimum they can get away with.. It starts from the very top.

Don't start me off................my wife works in an NHS surgery - long hours, front of house and often gets the kind of abuse from some of the public that you wouldn't believe. Our local Aldi pay their cleaners more per hour than what she gets and without all the responsibility.