Luddite movement...again

Josip Vrandecic -Mes

Advert

Quote by the poster:-

"Lucky7Drones.com was out shooting instructional videos on the DJI Phantom 3 when.............."

So, we now have people shooting "instructional videos" for everyone and anyone to follow in the middle of a live public street.

That'll do wonders for the promotion of common sense use of them...................

Edited By Dave Bran on 05/06/2015 15:58:01

Han't Lucky 7 got a car park of their own they can use after hours? bad P.R if you ask me beside behaviour likely to lead to a breach of the piece

Edited for language (which is a Breach of the Peace here).....wink 2

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 05/06/2015 17:48:29

I wonder if these things could be used for 'electronic' clay pigeon shooting? ie. The gun could emit an infrared or laser beam when the trigger was squeezed and the drone set up for random or pre-programmed flight paths. The received footage could be played back afterwards to see exactly where the shooter was aiming.

Hmm, far better to use live ammunition methinks! devil

There not cool about this in the US, hence impending legislation by the FAA that the AMA is serious worried with significantly curb RC flying. I have made comments on their YouTube site that they might want to consider AMA membership and to not fly in a street with people around, but expect it will get ignored.

I just hope that these quads rapidly become boring and the next best thing comes along, before those people who have no understanding of the CAA rules, or what the BMFA is cause too much damage for us to pick up the pieces later.

Posted by John Privett on 06/06/2015 09:11:27:

Well it's a bit of a daft place to fly it, but the fat guy has no excuse for causing criminal damage, or whatever they call it over there...

At least he didn't use a firearm, most people in USA seem to carry them and are prepared to use them.

Posted by Mowerman on 06/06/2015 09:58:46
At least he didn't use a firearm, most people in USA seem to carry them and are prepared to use them.

Why would you carry one and then not be prepared to use it? It sort of defeats the object. laugh

Lucky7Drones.com might win this battle with a man so drunk he could walk out and accurately swat the multicopter at the first swipe then walk away without falling over. However as an online retailer they should have been setting a good example, instead they demonstrated scant regard for common sense; from this the need for controlling legislation arises and can be reasonably expected to be made law.

For an instructional video there was a distinct lack of instruction during the important phase of take-off, seems more like a case of trying to justify inconsiderate and thoughtless flying. It's not a one-off though, all of their flying videos (at the time of this post) have potential conflicts with people and property.

None of their videos are over a month old. Their website is incomplete and the blog part of it only goes back to the last few days of December 2014. The temptation to comment on cowboys is almost too much but I'll refrain, oops too late.