Mount for Mobius Actioncam advice please

I basically have my Mobius velcroed on top of the fuse just behind the canopy of my Radian, with a large elastic band for extra security. I'd like to somehow fix an adjustable arm mounting, which can be removed from the plane. The main aims are reducing jello when the motor is running, increasing the height of the camera from the fuse for better visibility and being able adjust the angle and rotation of the camera easily. I really want something that is as light as possible too. I have seen pics of various mounts, but they all look quite heavy and permanent. Weight is an issue, I really don't want to add much more on this foam plane.

Advert

Thanks BEB, I would prefer to keep the Mobius in it's original housing if possible as I have to land in fairly long grass and sometimes it's damp with early morning dew. Today was one of those days. I had to wipe water droplets off the lens and body and mop up excess moisture from the planes wings and undercarriage. I don't like landing in this, but I was desperate to fly today as I have not been out in weeks, mainly due to wind. I was thinking something similar in design to those suction car mount type things, but with the base maybe velcroed on possibly?

You won't have to remove the Mobius from it's case to mount it on the gimble BEB linked to. Just mount it flat to the camera board plate and alter the servo linkage to set the plate horizontal instead of vertical.

I have one of those (with a camera board) and it works very well. You can either drive the servos from your TX or just move them into the position you want & they just stay there.