OS81FSa needs a home

Scruffmeister

I have a brand new, un-run OS 81FSa sitting on the shelf. It was intended for a Wot4 at one point before I decided it was too heavy and went a different route for that model.

I'd like to do another kit build after I finish my Wot4, but I'm still building up my confidence and have limited time available so I'm looking for something along the lines of Sig kits, Chris Foss etc. rather than a plan pack.

The Acrowot seems like a good choice as I know many people like a Saito 82 in it, but the OS 81FSa weighs a good 3.5 Oz more than the Saito so is that just going to be too nose heavy or just heavy on the wing?

What would you put it in if you had this engine and my constraints?

Edited By Scruffmeister on 08/06/2015 18:59:52

Advert

If you want something a bit different then the Galaxy Domino Biplane is worth having a look at. My Hobby Store do the kits now. I have built one with an SC 80 now and it is a lovely aeroplane with a stunning climb rate. The quality of the kit isn't quite Chris Foss standard but you are a good enough builder to be able to deal with that. I have done a log on here somewhere (search Galaxy Domino Bipe).

Wots Wot kit is excellent. My Dad has one. Top wing mounting a bit odd if you want to bolt it, we are going to change it. Acro Wot similar but with one wing. Both excellent based on general consensus.

CS