receiver binding problem

ericrw

I`m trying to bind my Spectrum AR6210 receiver to my Spectrum DX6i transmitter. It appears to bind correctly, the light flashes then stays solid but there`s a continuous beeping sound and no response from the transmitter. I`ve tried keeping the transmitter at least 6 feet away but to no avail. Please advise. Eric.

Advert

Could be wrong but check your ESC manual as beeping in various ways gives indication of different problems - fast or slow beeps mean different things.

One thing i have is on some a continuous beep with a solid light and no fuction means.. "no throttle signal..."

I checked the connections ans it seemed to be a loose one at the rx plug..

Another time it was cause the throttle was not at the low position , including the trim being at minimum....

This might not be your issue but worth a check

Steve

I have seen the same with the throttle .. if you plug in and the throttle is not at minimum it beeps constantly with some ESCs.

If it was reversed it would usually go into the musical stuff of ESC programming so more likely a throttle not down / trim issue by the sounds of it

Do your servos twitch / move?

I`ve been trying all the suggested comments ! I`ve now discovered that if I allow the beeping to continue it will stop on it`s own accord and everything is normal in operation ! The length of beeping can be as short as 5 seconds to 30 seconds. But as to why, I just don`t know !!!

Its because the ESC low setting is too close to your low throttle on the tx stick, so any minor drift on the throttle channel and the ESC thinks the throttle isnt fully closed.

Re-train the ESC by removing the prop, then with model OFF set the tx to full throttle and centre the throttle trim. Then connect the model battery, listen for the beep, when thats finished (one or two seconds) close the tranny throttle and wait for the confirmation beep.

The problem has nothing to do with binding, although once this is sorted you should rebind with the throttle off to set the failsafe.

Cheers
Phil

PS replace prop before launching

Edited By Phil Green on 12/06/2015 21:02:45

Hi Chris, at least I know who you are now ! It is installed in the P51. Max and I have tried all the known procedures but to no avail ! I just have to wait for the beeping to stop !! The ESC is stated to be a 80amp with BEC. In my research, there is doubt, expressed by other users that it is only 70amp. I will consider bringing it to a Club meeting. Eric.

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

Finished binding and setting up the controls on a new flying wing with motor.All seemed ok, and just waiting for some calmer drier weather for the maiden.

Today looked good for a flight. quick bench check OOOHHHH heck!!! Doesn't seem to be binding, just odd little hicups, and twitches.

I unplugged the lipo then reconnected and then the motor did it's LIPO count. but still just occasional twitching and motor run intermittent. Lipo is 3S and 97% charge.

Quick question

Can freezing 0 degrees affect the Futaba T6J, or the FrSky Delta 8 RX.???

I've been flying with this combination on other gliders without any problem

Go With the Flow

Bruce

Bruce I assume you are aware that you may need to reverse the throttle on a. Futaba to train the esc. I and probably most other fliers who tried to use Futaba with an esc had to learn that the hard way! This post has reminded me that I have turned into a fair weather flyer and probably never taken my Futaba j out in the cold. Now into younger days..........