Beautiful landscape video captured from RC glider...

Paul Knights

Advert

My Radian glider is about 50% covered in reinforced packing tape, has a good amount of "Gorilla glue" at various parts of the structure and has two BBQ skewers running alongside the fuselage under the canopy...!

...I was trying to upload a photo of it after a bad crash but seem to be having problems getting anything to show up in 'My Album' when I click on the camera icon ("insert image from album"...

In reply to Dom, yes the camera is a Go Pro Hero 3... and another time I will fly closer to the lighthouse but I was too far away to have had much chance of seeing it to control it at that distance ....until I get my budget FPV set-up going.

Hi Paul..... I've shot a lot of inflight video and stills from a selection of my models, usinf first one of the very cheap, but good, key-fob cameras and latterly a Mobius camera, which is cheaper and smaller than the Go-Pro unit.. I've embedded ( hopefully) one youtube movie shot at not too far around the corner from yours.. Plus theres lots more film and stills compilations on my YouTube page..

Edited By Andy G. on 11/07/2015 13:19:27

Posted by robk on 11/07/2015 07:53:30:

very nice video Paul - Im inspired to get a camera on one of mine now - be good to see how you have fixed it to the plane...

gopro on radian - copy.jpeg

...Hope this helps - a bit of cutting to get level base on which to Gorilla glue on old credit card and then GoPro mount just sits on this!

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 11/07/2015 09:12:22:
Thank you Paul, stunning views...smile o
Rgds
Jo

Thanks Jo, ...really looking forward to getting out at next opportunity and flying from another location when conditions are good and light is nice ...Cliff soaring is on the menu but I have to get up the nerve to chuck £400+ of kit over the 140' edge towards the sea and hope nothing goes tits up!

Posted by Andy G. on 11/07/2015 13:18:51:

Hi Paul..... I've shot a lot of inflight video and stills from a selection of my models, usinf first one of the very cheap, but good, key-fob cameras and latterly a Mobius camera, which is cheaper and smaller than the Go-Pro unit.. I've embedded ( hopefully) one youtube movie shot at not too far around the corner from yours.. Plus theres lots more film and stills compilations on my YouTube page..

Edited By Andy G. on 11/07/2015 13:19:27

Hi Andy, ..It's good to see your clips from nearby. Culver Down is a great location and I've yet to fly from there but I'm sure I will at some point over the summer. I'll look out for your Red Eagle!