notifications

Ernie

Advert

Bonjour Ernie, another 30C+ day here and I've a large chunk of tree to remove from the garden after a mini-tornado at midnight on Saturday...sad

The site is working normally for me.

I take it you haven't had a notification of Jon's and my posts?

Just asking the obvious - are you receiving other emails? Have you checked your Junk folder/spam filter?

Not sure what else I could suggest. If the answers to the above questions don't solve the problem, I'll let the techies know.

Pete

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 20/07/2015 09:43:29:

Not sure what else I could suggest. If the answers to the above questions don't solve the problem, I'll let the techies know.

It should be a very simple job for the "techies" to check the logs and confirm that the email notifications are being sent (or not!) to Ernie. But my money is on spam filtering (perhaps filtering that Ernie isn't even aware of) is catching the 'missing' emails.

Well, the techies have confirmed that the notifications are being sent but it may be that they are being picked up as spam by your ISP and are not being forwarded, so your spam settings/filters are immaterial. This has happened recently on a partner forum with a French resident.

Apart from contacting your ISP to see if they are blocking the emails, there's little that can be done from this end, it seems. I'm not having a problem with Orange, my ISP....

Any other ideas, folks?

Pete

The problem is that we get a lot of mail items from the forum, many with links to shopping type sites. This triggers the SCL rating and then blocks all items from Modelflying in the SPAM trap. You may or may not be able to edit the SCL level, but adding the domain to the trusted senders list should bypass it anyway. Just for the record, but I think Hotmail and other free mail hosts (e.g. Google) use a similar system

M

Good morning, Another wee problem seems to have occurred In the thread 'hinge suppliers'

I'm getting a big window that says REMOTE LINKING FORBIDDE..............PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT; It's in the post by martin harris;

ernie

• 2 months later...

It's just a thought but your email provider seems to be undergoing a few changes recently and they are having a problem with spam. It may be that they've uprated their filtering so can you try adding 'modelflying.co.uk' to your trusted sites list? This may over-ride their filter.

Pete