I've been having some problems with an E-Flite Carbon Yak - basically the bits don't go together properly due to alignment issues.

I've contacted Horizon a couple of times via email last week and had no response. I then called them Tuesday of this week and they promised to get the engineer to come back to me.

Having heard nothing I called again today and left a message for someone to call me. Still nothing.

It's a shame because this doesn't seem to be most peoples experience.

I can only guess they are having issues due to people being on holiday or something similar, but it's frustrating when you are on the receiving end of it.

Dan

Edited By Dan Sadler on 30/07/2015 17:14:00

Advert

That is such a shame. I understand from my local model shop that the service, stock levels and product range has been severely curtailed since the main UK operations was moved over to be run in Germany.

I have up to now bought products from Horizon Hobbies happy (and confident) in the knowledge that even though they tended to be a bit more expensive the back-up was there if needed. I very much hope that they get their act together over here.(I also write from recent experience and chalked it down to a minor blip )

I have had excellent service from Horizon Hobbies . I stood on my sons beasts canopy . I ordered a new one from a model shop, but the fit was very poor. I contacted them with photos and with a bit of delay with email reply's, due to him contacting other people a new one was supplied. The replacement fitted very well.

My experience of them is that they are difficult to contact by phone but they answered my email and carried out a repair free of charge. Mine was a TX which was probably easier to deal with. Cuban8 is correct, if it isn't 'fit for puroose' then the retailer has a responsibility to sort it out.

Edited By David Pearce 4 on 30/07/2015 18:20:25

Hmm

I am not impressed with HH at the moment, I have been waiting approx three weeks for some engine spares, they were ordered through not so local a LMS. but it was one horizon recommended.

I have rang HH a couple of times and did not get feeling the new what was going on and referred me back to the LMS they were going to chase hh.

So I have a £450.00 EVO engine that is unusable, CRRC is starting to look so much better just renew rather than repair

That is one of the problems yes. I'll give it another go but I tried it several times and tried taking the other wing out etc first. The other wing went on fine.

Thanks for the advice though.

The other issue I had is the tail fin sits a bit high above the fuselage. I think the slots are cut too high. I spotted that a bit too late unfortunately and had already dripped cyno in.

Well over a week now and the call back hasn't come. I've been out the country this week so haven't been able to chase them up. I've called this morning and would you believe that 'nobody is available at the moment but they will return your call'.

I'm not holding my breath.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that's what I did to begin with. When they weren't answering emails I called.

After a number of calls to the model shop (to be fair to them they at least apologised for not getting back to me as they were overloaded) they have contacted their horizon rep who has suggested ordering a new stabiliser set. Of course that takes a week as it has to come from Germany so I'll see what happens when it arrives (hopefully) tomorrow.