Evolution spare parts

bert baker

Hi I have been waiting three weeks, for spare parts for a Evolution 58GX2.

Has anyone else had problems getting spares for Evolution engines.

Not knowing were to get parts I need I rang Horizon direct they advised me that I needed to order the parts through a shop.

I gave the part numbers to the chosen shop from Horizon's own Evolution engine user guide, only to be told a few days later that they tried to use the part numbers I gave them but Horizon don't recognize their own part numbers. and they have managed to sort out the right ones.

Two weeks in I rang Horizon to find out what was going on, they could not locate the order, Personally it feels like they have just given me the brush off rather than give any useful help, and they just referred me back to the shop I ordered them through.

I have been ringing the shop twice a week and I don't think they are having much joy either.

I had a chat with a mate and he said MVVS were the same engine,so did the digging and found that all the part numbers in the Horizon user guide are the same part numbers as in the MVVS user guide.

I rang Horizon again today, I just got answer phones on three different extension numbers.

I am not happy, it has been hard not to let rip with the model shop, but it's not their fault.

Horizon Hobbies hmm pull your socks up

Edited By bert baker on 07/08/2015 22:43:43

Advert

The problem I find with Wheelspin is that nearly everything is listed as 'shadow stock' - ie they don't actually have it but think they can get it in a couple of days.

Puffin really do provide excellent service and the MVVS spares seem very reasonably priced compared to most other brands.

Time to move on , Despite Sussex model centers best effort ( for which I am very grateful ) they have been unable to get Horizon Hobbies to come to the party, so it was regret today that I canceled my order, SMC were very apologetic about the situation,but it's not their fault so no gripes with them.

Does make you wonder what would happen if H.Hobbies went under and no one picked up the pieces.

Posted by bert baker on 08/08/2015 11:04:01:

Does make you wonder what would happen if H.Hobbies went under and no one picked up the pieces.

Re Horizon Hobbies: A lot of people are still picking up the pieces due to some of their radio gear ! I believe they moved their HQ to Germany last year so Europe will probably get the customer service and we get,..........well not a lot when it comes to back up.

Posted by bert baker on 08/08/2015 11:04:01:

Re Horizon Hobbies: A lot of people are still picking up the pieces due to some of their radio gear ! Well pieces of models .I believe they moved their HQ to Germany last year so Europe will probably get the customer service and we get,..........well not a lot when it comes to back up.

Edited By Engine Doctor on 08/08/2015 12:26:33

Looks like Puffin Models, have got the bits I need, fingers crossed they will fit.

Nice to speak to people that know what they are selling.

A True comment from Engine Doctor, seen the carnage myself and had hands on experiance,well more like hands off.or was it free flight with a 38cc Yak

Anyway thumbs up to Puffins,

even got my motor glider sorted out with there help

Bert

Posted by Percy Verance on 08/08/2015 09:07:01:

Oh, and I also had a jolly good MVVS .91 Didn't I Bob? smiley

I've seen that *shadow stock* thing Bob. Sounds a bit like Private Walker selling stuff down a dark alley.........

Edited By Percy Verance on 08/08/2015 09:10:13

Yes, and it's still going well pulling the King Altair in my avatar

Yes two thumbs fresh for Puffin Models.

Everything I ordered arrived today and I have now fitted them to the respective models and all is good.

Very pleased with Puffins.

I ordered the parts Late on Saturday and Tuesday afternoon the bits arrived,

Better than the three week wait from another source then no parts anyway.

Bert