Fun Cub emergency lannding

Voltage drop and emergency inverted landing after third outer loop , during the remaiden demo flights at the airfield Piket, 23/08 / 2015.- Croatia:

**LINK**

Onboard cam 808/16 separated during the inverted landing(only possible in this moment) and recorded the ''gentle'' ground touch...fortunately no damage...I'm a happy boy face 1

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 27/08/2015 21:05:59

At least you didn't have the battery bale out like mine did, also on a bunt I wondered why the model failed to complete the manoeuvre but remained inverted and floated down to earth with no control whatsoever (despite that I stupidly kept fiddling the sticks even though I knew there was no battery blush) I bought a new cowl but the original reappeared in the club hut a week or so later so someoene found it. The battery was lost forever, however. Despite ending up on a hard runway there was minimal damage - just few minor scuffs.

I now hold the battery in with a length of 2mm carbon rod pushed through the fuselage. It's hardly noticeable at the outside and not at all in flight. It really is a fun model. One of the aileron horns came unstuck last time I flew it. I wondered why roll control seemed so sluggish! That's one thing I find less than perfect - it's difficult to glue the plastic horns to the EPO with 100% certainty that they'll stay put.

Geoff

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 28/08/2015 10:41:43

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 28/08/2015 14:53:04:

No glue problems ,I just have by telemetry (there is no on Futaba T8FG) , and it will change when I get Taranis...I hope so...and here my Fun before ''fatal'' flight...face 1

Restored old Fun Cub

Yes with both current and lowest cell voltage sensing on the Taranis and speech warnings your problems will be sorted.

Posted by trebor on 28/08/2015 14:58:11:

I noticed the landing gear is different laugh I just replaced mine with some real wire, totally different.

Me too, with the carbon gear I have better control, without bumps...ok, it's a matter of taste and skill.

Thanks on your time.

Cheers

Jo

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 28/08/2015 18:36:41