Bambino free plan (Oct 2015 RCM&E)

Steve Porter 1

Advert

HI Steve,

Your eyes do not deceive you. The rear fuselage is bigger than that shown on the A3 plan. I have reduced the rear part of the plan by 8%. The parts are then just about right. However the ribs on the reduced plan are then too small, on checking the original plan they are too big! A quick measurement of the main wheel on the A3 plan is given as 30mm but actually measures 27mm.

Perhaps someone at RCM&E will correct this.

I don't have my copy of RCME handy at the moment but I seem to recall that the price quoted in th Bambino article for the Additional Woodpack was considerably less than that on the My Hobby Store website (£11.99). That and the problem with the plan has put me off building one.

I hope that the CNC Woodpack has everything the right size !

Hi all, that makes me feel better, thought i had really lost the plot! I have redrawn the tail end to suit the A3 plan

and cut out all formers, former sizes were slightly out assuming this part of the plan is correct. Not sure about wing ribs as yet, may try to contact someone at RCM&E about it first, dont really whont to waste to much balsa at the moment.

Steve.

Hi chaps, darn it and apologies, that's really annoying. It seems that P68 has grown a little as you say. My production people are blaming the printers but I'll reserve judgement until I know a bit more.

It's probably why the ribs are a bit too big, the wheel Kevin is just illustrative really, fit whatever size wheels you prefer.

It's a simple design so the error shouldn't be too difficult to overcome with a ruler, pencil and paper but I've also uploaded the correct A4 page to the site here too. Scroll down to the downloads list, it's at the bottom.

Apologies again.

David

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 17/09/2015 17:09:10

Thanks David,was about to start cutting the parts soon so that saved some head scratching...smiley

I had the chance to have a close look at this model at the Southern Model Show and discussed it with David.It's a cute little model and looking at the video added recently, it flies very well.

Julian

Good Evening David,

I know the Bambino is a simple design,but for the People who may want to build it that don't use the website and only buy the mag would it not be worth reprinting it to correct scale in RCM@E at some point in the near Future?

Only a thought,nice little design btw

Steve wink

Edited By Steve Adams on 25/09/2015 22:47:40

Hi All - as a relatively new builder I thought this would be a great model to hone my skills on so I ordered the wood pack and set to. So far so good, but I am completely puzzled by the elevator or more precisely how to connect the two halves - could someone please me out. Also should I add some strengthening to the top of the fuse where the wings sit?

Pete

Hi Pete,

From the pictures that accompany the construction article you can see that the builder of the red and white example used a control snake on either side. You have to think of a way to connect those to a single servo though.

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 30/09/2015 20:14:33

I noticed too that the elevator halves aren't joined. Also the wing ribs don't show notches for the rear spars. Not a problem, can just cut them out to suit the spar position. Being a high winger would it need a bit of down thrust? I may build a Bambino as I have a motor and other bits and it's a handy size to put in the car. Looks nice and a simple build.

Hello new to this site , I used to fly a mfa humming bird when I used to work in a model shop called cb models in Harlow , but I haven't flown in years, I walked passed your mag and saw the bambino and I couldn't help buy it , I didn't know what pack to buy so I bought both the laser cut parts and wood completion pack I didn't really find much info on them , I will also buy the electric kit fro 4max as suggested, my question is ive got an old futaba radio kit sitting in the loft , will the battery in the tx be any good after a charge ? Not sure they will be available any more must be 15 years old , cheers Steve

Right so I've got the electrics sent through , well happy with them but........ How do they go together I've never used a lipo battery before what wires connect to the speed controller ? There's a white connector and a red one ? If someone could take the time over a phone call would be a brilliant help , I don't want to cause any fires and I need info on a battery charger thanks Steve

The red connector is the power one (red and black wires as usual). The white plug is for 'balance charging' (to keep the separate cells equally charged. Fit a matching plug to the ESC (making sure that black and red match the Lipo ones. THE ESC should also have a servo type connector (3 wires) to feed the receiver. There are also 3 wires to connect to the motor (it doesn't matter which of those goes where, but if the motor spins 'backwards' swap any two of them.

That looks like a 2S Lipo so do NOT let the voltage drop below about 6 Volts (or you will shorten its life considerably). I can't read the current rating but a good rule of thumb is to charge at 1C (where 'C' is the mAH value on the pack)

Dear Fellow Forumers

Please forgive this stupid question, but on the Bambino that was in Septembers edition of RCM&E, could someone please explain to me how to make the two elevators move at the same time, its just that on the plan the tail has been cut so that there is a piece of balsa between the two elevators, if someone could perhaps let me know how to make them work together I would really appreciate it, I am a returning Model Flyer after 35 year absence, thank you............Mark