Top Flite DC-3 kit

Been a member for sometime not realy active now picked up the courage to build the top flite dc-3 kit and do a build log aswell. My building skills are fair with room to improve so any help please throw it my way.

I can not start the kit until the 6th November as it is a birthday present, With itchy fingers i could not wait to open the box and set up for the first part of the build now all i have to do is wait angry 2

The main box loads of wood,die cut parts, plastic parts and small bag bits

The kit

Advert

Thanks BEB,She is a lovely kit well designed alot of thought has gone it to this model by the Top Flite team.

Wingspan is 82.5", will be using 2x asp 46 2s abit over powered at least i will have power to spare if needed will be the scale rudder and spilt flaps.

Rob,

You will be fine with 2 x ASP 46, mine has flown since 2002 on a pair of Enya plain bearing SS40 engines without any issues, and they are not the most powerful 40 size 2 strokes. It is a lovely model and always draws admiring comments at the field. I am now electrifying mine, hope to have it back in the air next month.

dc3-2.jpg

Rob,

That takes me back, it is looking good. As you progress the fuselage you will be amazed at the yards of stringers and acres of sheet that get used up.

I am in deconstruction mode with mine, I took a razor saw to the cabin today to build the battery tray, need the batteries as far forward as possible to give the correct balance. I had 12 oz of lead in the nose of mine when on IC as I did not build the back end light enough. Bear that in mind and keep the back light. My model will be that 12oz lighter when I finish.

dsc03775 (custom).jpg