dx6i timer

rcaddict

Advert

I don't have a manual, but I have had a look at my dx6i....

I think you can only use the throttle cut or the trainer switch... Why would you want to start the timer when switching on the Tx anyway? It may take another few minutes to get flight ready, so you are not getting a true timing for your flight. (I am assuming you are flying electric, so want to time your flights?).

Posted by Kevin 216 on 08/11/2015 11:19:36:

Hi Alan,

Where in the manual does it say that countdown can be set to start on power on?

Kevin, it's stated on P13 of the manual.

Alan, I don't have a 6i Tx but refering at P13 of the (badly explained) manual, I'd try setting A to DOWN; C to whatever time you want; then scroll through the options of D. There may be an option not in the list next to the "D" options, it could be something like "PWR ON", "ON" or even a row of dashes. There again the reference to Power On might have be an error.

Edited By PatMc on 08/11/2015 16:49:41

I have just read the manual and it does suggest that the timer can be set for use with the trainer switch, throttle cut and power on.

I must admit that I only use it on the countdown mode set to operate off the trainer switch. However when looking at the options both in the manual and on the TX it gives you three either trainer, throttle or inhibit.

It seems that trainer and Throttle work as you would expect when set up to use these switches, and Inhibit does as it suggest by not showing the timer at all (i.e. inhibiting it)

On that basis I would suggest that the manual is incorrect in that you cannot set it to operate off the on switch.

However as one of the earlier posts suggest I don't see why you would want it to start running when you switch on as it gives you more valuable information if it starts when you use one of the switches. Unless of course you are worried that you will forget to switch it on, in which case I would suggest you add it to your pre take-off checks in terms of controls working in correct direction, battery level OK, and timer on/running.

Hope this helps

I had a DX6i a few years back, and it was frustrating that you couldn't start the countdown timer by opening the throttle, I used the trainer to start it. Don't remember it starting from power-up, but I never wanted to so never investigated. Happily my DX8 can start timing from throttle position, as can all other (non DX6i) Spektrum trannies, I believe.