The Guppy

Stephen Jones

Hi,

Do you know as i was covering it, i thought to myself, it almost looks like a .... from this angle what with that sweeping curve over the top of the body. Hmm with a couple of air intakes under the wing it could pass as a Jet especially with the hole at the back.

And i showed my son, and he said to me do you know dad it looks a bit like a .... from here .

So what did we think it resembles.

Steve

Advert

Steve, I think it looks like your creation. If we want to make any jet comparisons, with the slight wing sweep, let's go with the Dassault Ouragan from the early 50s. It doesn't resemble it, but somehow for me it makes a similar impression. Ouragan sounds good and it means Hurricane.

Edited By Colin Leighfield on 11/07/2016 23:20:57

Posted by Colin Leighfield on 11/07/2016 23:18:28:

Steve, I think it looks like your creation. If we want to make any jet comparisons, with the slight wing sweep, let's go with the Dassault Ouragan from the early 50s. It doesn't resemble it, but somehow for me it makes a similar impression. Ouragan sounds good and it means Hurricane.

Just had a look at that, and i see where you are coming from,

Just had a look at some pictures on the webb and it does look like a Mk1 ....

I will show some picture later on if no one gets it .

Admittedly my model would need a few modifications to look more like .... but it could be done.

Steve

Ok,

I hope to Maiden This tomorrow i will then decide what to call it.

tailend.jpg

radio.jpg

The connecting rods to the Rudder and Elevator are straight to the servos with no bends or slop.

tank.jpg

Tank Bay,

side.jpg

Switch and charging socket along with the rudder connecting rod are on the opposite side to the Exhaust .

Steve.

Well she Flies, smiley

pose1.jpg

Well we went to the field expecting it to be busy, what with the sun shinning an all, No we where the only ones there having stepped out of the car i discovered why. It was windy.

We had a couple of goes with Paul`s F15 as we had upgraded the motor to a 350 watt Motor, then some more members turned up with no models, just to see who was at the field i guess.

So after a short while i decided to fire up my Os .15FP and give it ago despite the strong wind after all i had designed it to fly in windy conditions.

I hand launched it from a standing position with no problems at all she climbed away very nicely. I did however discover that i have too much down thrust and right thrust and i need a little more nose weight.

After flying her around and getting the feel for it, i tried some loops, rolls and inverted flight, she is very sensitive on the elevator, but performers well and is very smooth through out she flies fast but not excessively and the windy conditions did not bother me or the plane.smiley

So i have a few alterations to do then i will try again.

Steve.

Still not sure at the moment as to what it should be called,

I spoke with a colleague at work today and he reckons is should be called the "wind Whisperer"

i thought about interceptor or ridge racer ,

We have Razer or E-Razer if it`s Electric powered.

Thunderbird 19

SJ.Sapphire

Omega, Omega E, Omega G, Omega 3,

Porpoise ( which could be short for multi purpose )

Mako or Barracuda

COD + (,s wallop ) ( piece ) ( chips )

Flying Fish

Dolphus Propellerus

So many to chose from .

Well now that it has flown i know it`s not CODs wallop.

Hmmmmm.............. dont know

Steve

Edited By Stephen Jones on 19/07/2016 00:17:10

Thank`s Colin,

Just need to do a little tweaking with the thrust line and move the battery forward to correct the CoG .

And hopefully get someone to video it for me.

It is always worrying having to maiden a model without a helper especially if you are a mode one flyer and the model has to be hand launched.

Considering this model does not have any dihedral and the windy conditions it flew straight and level giving me plenty of time to get my hand back on the controls although it was pitching up due to the Cog issue .

So at this point it does look like i have archived everything i wanted from it .

Steve smiley

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Woke up this morning to bright sunshine so i decided to take this one out again to check i have corrected the CoG and thrust angle .

_x1x0821.jpeg

_x1x1007.jpeg

As you can see the weather went crappie. But the model flew well in the windy weather and the Cog and Thrust are now correct she rolls nice, Inverted flight also good as well loops .

Big Thanks to Robert Tomlin For taking his time out to do some Pictures for Me.

Cheers Steve

Edited By Stephen Jones on 30/07/2016 22:54:24

• 1 month later...