Encouragement !

Glyn44

Advert

That's hilarious...every cloud !!...

I once saw my old man teaching a full size pilot who was arguing with him, that the plane was climbing and veering off to the right all the time as was asking for trim..., my dad was telling him it was him but he was having none of it......so....dad lined the plane up for a flypast at the bottom of field, and then put the transmitter on the ground and they both watched as it flew straight and level all the way up the field.....argument settled...after that he started to listen!!...

Whilst learning to fly, one week I was passed over to another instructor as my regular one was away on holiday. We had a brilliant 7 or 8 min flight, but on final approach for landing at about 6 ft high, the model just seemed to get sucked straight down and into the rough just short of the strip, with no sign of stall or any other failure.

The comment from the instructor whilst patting me on the back was "Your did perfectly, right up until you crashed, next time don't crash" and walked away!

The following week, with my original instructor, I passed my A without even knowing I was taking it, until back in the pits I was bombarded with the dreaded 10 questions smile p

Posted by Donald Fry on 06/01/2016 14:48:27:

Glyn, sorry mate, you won't get much sympathy. It ain't easy, stick at it. Don't ever love a trainer ( the plane, not the instructor)

Hmm. Now that begs the question.

How many lady instructors are out there ?

Kevinb Can of worms dept

Ha really enjoyed the responses. Thanks. I will point out that the comment was made to me a good 12 months ago. I'm quite capable now. One thing I do find harder than flying, is taxying without weaving, slowing down, speeding up, and, of course, not leaving the ground again. Nobody seems to teach that!

Been flying today, first time for 6 weeks, All models in one piece, so a good day out. Absolutely no wind,

Have fun, Glyn.