Feb 2016 RCM&E

IanN

There was a bit of a debate recently about content, as there is occasionally

There will inevitably be more of some things than others in individual issues, which will all tend to even themselves out over time

It has to be said that the Feb issue is as well balanced, and covers a broad a spread of interests, as could be wished for. Cracking read thumbs up

Advert

It seems that I am a member of the drone appreciation society not. There is far to much on the subject for me. The amount of space being devoted to the subject does suggest, that is to me, that it must be near the time for a dedicated magazine.

Being a electric only flier, I am now in the camp, that IC people used to occupy, not enough for me.

If I were interested in large IC engines and the larger (or is that expensive) end of the model model spectrum I perhaps would be happier. Even with a passing interest in IC engines, there are to many very large (to me) expensive engines being reviewed.

Being positive, the Cyril Carr contribution was very detailed, as such I do commend both the effort and content.

I can even commend Mr Whittacker, no more the tongue in cheek jokes about the "dark side". I will go as far to say that his general contribution has developed and to some extent taken over the Nigel Hawes pieces.

I do still miss the NH section, his contributions and designs are the most seen at the clubs I attend. Very pertinent to us electric modellers.

I can see that both distributors and Model Shops will preferentially want to sell high value items, yet I really do suspect that most of the sales are at the lower end of the price range, a skewed distribution.

Erflog makes a good point about the engine test being mostly of large expensive ones. The most interesting one which is relevant to club fliers was the test of the Enya 45 a while ago.

I'll be waiting a while to see this issue though as down here in NZ the Dec issue with the Ballerina isn't at the LHS yet.