Don Valley mfc Open Weekend June 4th - 5th 10am-4pm Bentley Moor Lane Doncaster DN6 7DB

Advert

Huge thanks to the lads and lasses at DVMFC. yes

Lovely flying site, great weather and very friendly members there. Not flown at a club as close to trees before and outside of Weston Park I've never seen a model fly through a tree before! We flew all day and into the night with my last flight being around 11pm with the Pawnee Brave and 3 other guys night flying to music through the PA system!

By the time I left at 00:30 I felt I had been flying with the guys for years. Not being a particularly social person it helps a lot when people come to you and just start chatting! Thanks guys, you made me feel very welcome. smiley

And Johns Ballerina has completely different flying characteristics to mine and was a complete eye opener made even more impressive by Johns excellent flying. It was so much more agile and nimble than mine like comparing a gentle aerobat to a fully tweaked Sukhoi. I'll definitely be playing with moving the CG back a little!

Yes we missed you BEB, glad you're ok now though, Greenacres next then we've another open weekend in August, mother nature did us proud hot

Not a big attendance but the guests were great, they did loads of flying, only damaged models belonged to our lads I think...no surprises there then wink

Lot of variety on model sorts as well, pictures will be a while though webmaster's gone on his hols

John

Posted by Gary Manuel on 06/06/2016 14:54:47:

Well I had a great time as usual.

Nice to see so many members at one time and especially nice meeting the guests, especially Chris who stayed with us until well after his bed time.

Looking forward to the next one.

You locked the gate whilst John let my tyres down so I couldn't leave! surprise

(That's what I told the wife on Sunday morning anyway) laugh

The night flying and techno music was well worth stopping late for though. I'll definitely be camping overnight on the next one. yes

• 2 weeks later...