Things to do on the slope

Andy Meade

E-Flite do a 'Servoless Payload Release' (EFLA405). These can be daisy chained together and have a variety of modes allowing a 'ripple' release with various delays or multiple individual releases. Comes with a payload carrier but no payload. Perfect for the multiple hardpoints on an A-10 or Tornado. Or the engine pods on a B-52….

The HK bomb units do indeed come with a servoless release hard point pretty good value I reckon at just about £7, including a spare release plate.

rcbomb-1.jpg

Incidentally, I had already placed quite a large order with H-King the day before and ordered my bombs the following evening. Staggered to receive a SMS text the following morning to say they were on their way.

Arrived 2 hours later !!

So how does that nose cone cover stay on, as mine doesn't?

My Tiffy already has a servo release system built into the wings so I won't be using the HK release system. Instead I shall have to fabricate a light ply and balsa mounting plate glued to the bombs, and the mounting plate will drop with the bomb, obviously.

Because of this, I doubt I will be able to open the bombs to add talc/flour or whatever substance to the inside.

I'm assuming I will also have to add a little nose weight into each bomb so that it drops in a nose down fashion and not just tumble through the air aimlessly? But how much weight? ¼ oz? ½ oz?

So this is tomorrows task before my building board becomes covered in Skyhawk build.

hehe great stuff - nice that you've been able to use the same release mechanism with the little mod - I'm just fitting the same bombs on my Sea Fury, they will be very similar, I think your Typhoon is a little bigger but should still look good together on the attack run. laugh

• 2 weeks later...