Binding problem with Lemon RX

Spikey

I've never had a problem with the 6-channel Lemon Spektrum-compatible RX's before, so I guess I'm just having brain failure with these two new ones :embarrassed:

Bind plug in, ESC lead to "Throttle" pins, power "on", then with TX 2 metres away from RX, switch TX on with "bind" switch held on.

RX LED flashes quickly, then goes out, then comes back on flashing slower, then goes out. Beeping from TX unchanged throughout.

No way can I get a steady LED and a dialogue going, so what am I doing wrong please chaps?

Edited By Spikey on 28/02/2016 17:57:54

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Everyone

I have run into a bind problem with the Lemon DSMX-compatible 7 channel full range integrated telemetry receiver and if anyone could help I’d really appreciate it.

I’m using a Spektrum DX6 G2 tx and whatever distance away from the rx when I go through the normal binding routine, the voice drones ‘binding has failed!’ I have tried turning the throttle trim down to zero in case that might help but sadly not.

I have checked and rechecked my binding technique – it works normally with the little Lemon DSMX 6 channel rx (the one without a hard case) and my DX6 tx and binds quickly.

I have also tried binding the problem7 channel rx with my other Spektrum DX6i tx which is still DSM2 and that binds and works perfectly in DSM2 but then there is no telemetry facility on my tx.

Does this mean that running in DSMX, a rx can only have the same or less number of channels than the tx? I hope not.

Has anybody else had the same problem?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Robert - I tried the 'official' help group but will contact Lemon directly as you suggested. Much better!

Simon, I checked my old Spektrum DX6i manual and the version I have is a full range DSM2 tx and it's limited to that. There is no facility to download/upgrade the DX6i that I'm aware of.

The newer DX6 tx was supposed to have both but then I believe EC regulations required that when I downloaded a firmware 'upgrade', it became DSMX only. Great pity that.

That's my experience but perhaps Spektrum have issued various combinations?? Heaven help us all!

What has foxed me is that the little Lemon 6 channel receiver works perfectly with the DX6, updating telemetry results on the DX6 screen properly but no bind for the 7 channel at all. Anyway I'll post the problem to Lemon....

Many thanks anyway

Posted by Clarke on 31/07/2016 16:48:06:

The newer DX6 tx was supposed to have both but then I believe EC regulations required that when I downloaded a firmware 'upgrade', it became DSMX only. Great pity that.

That's my experience but perhaps Spektrum have issued various combinations?? Heaven help us all!

If your DX6 was imported before Jan 2015 it should be capable of both DSMX and DSM2. After that date, it is very likely to be DSMX only.

Downloading and installing any of the firmware updates will not result in loss of functionality in respect of DSM2 - that was confirmed both by HH UK and Andy Kunz of Spectrum some time ago.

I see you've tried asking the question over on RCG - it's a pity you haven't had a more positive response. Hopefully a question direct to Lemon should sort the problem...

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to Pete B - I did contact Lemon directly. They have a great service team and although they asked me to return the receivers to them in Hong Kong, they did confirm that they will replace them with something that will give the facilities I need. V good!

On the point of service teams: a subsequent accidental thump to the tx meant that it had to be sent back to Horizon. It was returned to me within the week fully repaired, at no charge! That is superb.

Things are looking up!

Edited By Clarke on 16/08/2016 15:27:53

• 8 months later...

Just got this from Lemon.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for letting us know and there had already been discussion on the internet with non-Spketurm transmitter use.

This is due to non-Spekturm transmitter users. Are you using Orange module? There is a firmware issue with the Orange tx module that it won't work no only to our receiver but also Spektrum receiver and e-flite plane from Horizon Hobby as well as SAFE receiver from Spektrum.

The interesting thing is, older version of Orange transmitter module works fine (build before 2014). We have got this information from our trusted test pilot.

If that's the case you can refund it as you wish. We suggest you to use Spektrum transmitter by any means because we aware Orange's product is problematic from time to time. Fanny will send you the details for returning and refund.

Hello Fanny,

Please arrange Mike to refund / return.

Best Regards,

Lemon Rx Officer

Subject: FW: Enquiry Mike
I wish to return the 5 receivers I received in my Order ID: #XXXXX as I can't get the only 2 I have tried to bind. I am using the same module I have used with all the other receivers I have purchased from you and they all work fine. When I try to bind the bind process seems to go O.K. and the LED on the receiver goes through the correct sequence. However when I try to operate the servos via the receiver nothing happens. All my other Lemon receivers work fine with the transmitter module.
Regards.
Mike ---