Futaba R606FS 2.4Ghz receiver

David Ashby - Moderator

I've been playing with the new Futaba FF10 (10c) radio this last week. Prior to launch we'd been told that the R606FS receiver that Futaba included with their 6EXP 2.4 radios last year was discontinued and wouldn't be compatible with the new radio.

Well I'm pleased to say that it is. The manual supplied with the radio says 'no' while the Futaba US website says 'yes' and the website is right. This is good news for those who've bought into Futaba 2.4 early and have a few of these receivers can operate them with the new FF10. The 10 is modular and replaces the FF9. A TM-10 plug-in 2.4Ghz module is supplied with the radio. I've got 5 of these receivers so needless to say I'm very pleased!

I've fitted an R606 to a model and flown it this week just to make sure.....

Advert

Thats what I keep thinking to my self though! Its all very well making a light full range rx, but it means if you want to do something cheap, your abit stuck - You could probably get a shocky flying without the rx and it would be less then £60!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...