Who Makes it?

Erfolg

I was looking at the Graupner web site the other day, and came upon the radio section. Read the blurb of techno bable/ PR speak, and thought, are these sets really JR.

I then thought I think Mac Gregor/Ripmax is actually JR.

I then had another thought, this was getting a little scary, at least 3 thoughts in a day. But are they adding value I thought, making a difference. I then thought of our Government and realised, if I say they are, they must be. Not only that, these were "world class" and are above all "fair".

Anyway,  I  also came to the conclusion that USA  Airtronics gear was Sanwa.

Am I right?

Erfolg  

Advert

I must congratulate Ripmax, in that they do not/are not trying to enhance there brand standing by mixing up the manufactures contribution with there role as distributer/agent.

Mac Gregor is not quite as good, they no longer make radios. I am surprised that JR allow their brand image to be diluted by Mc Gregor latching on their shirt tails.

As for Graupner, it is back to the days of BMC/Leyland where at best you got was  a different radiator grill, at worst a new set of badges for your extra payment.

I buy my radio kit because it is Futaba/Sanwa/JR. The role of the distributer will be of importance to supporting and developing the brand, from the manufactures view point. From my point of view, I am not interested in who McGregor/Ripmax/Perkins/Over-tec/Micromould etc are. I am not tempted to pay extra because of their name, it is reputation, what I see, need and price  that determines my purchase.

Same goes for kits and accessories.

Erfolg

Hi all.

You are so right all this one model different badges is a licence to print money, if we all were coned by this we would all pay over the odds for every thing we by. I have to watch the pennies let alone the pounds, so if I think there is two different prices for the same item in different clothes. I take a chance and go for the lesser known name, it works for me.

happy saving Owen.