Swansea Airshow 2016

Hi All,

Spent an enjoyable weekend at Swansea Airshow and taken a whole load of photos.

dsc07343.jpg

dsc07357.jpg

dsc07351.jpg

dsc07422.jpg

dsc07983.jpg

More photos to follow when I've finished downloading them.

However, the photo above shows a passing BA 747 caught my eye as the Red Arrows were performing this afternoon at 15:31. The 747 changed course from a Westerly heading and changed sharply in a Northern direction by some 60 degrees altitude around 25,000 approx way too late and North of Swansea I would assume to be of a concern for the red arrows

Has anyone got any ideas, is it dumping fuel?

Advert

Hi All,

now that I've almost completed downloading all of the photos from my camera here are some more photos

dsc06576.jpg

Bronco

dsc06701.jpg

Mig 15

dsc07218.jpg

The Red Arrows made an appearance on both days

dsc07278.jpg

As did the BBMF fighters, the Lancaster is still under repair and should be back in the skies by the end of the month.

dsc07645.jpg

A Pair of Yaks gave a great display

dsc07654.jpg

dsc07677.jpg

More to follow

Hi Rob, Saw that BA747/400 over our flying field in Pembrokshire yesterday,it circled over twice.

A club member checked the live flight radar which showed it had left Heathrow bound for Chicago but turned back just the other side of Ireland.Height was 15000 ft and speed 300 kt and the track showed it had circled over the whole of south and west Wales three times.

It was dumping fuel the whole time it was in view. Must have been something serious to be dumping that much fuel over the land.

Good pics by the way. John.

Thanks for getting back John,

The trails caught my attention as they were a lot wider than normal then when I looked at it through my camera I realised that something might be wrong as I have never seen anything like that before.

I almost binned the camera after Saturdays shots, full of dust specs took me ages to get rid of them. Sunday morning I thought what the heck and cleaned the sensor and mirror although they appeared to be clean the shots proved otherwise.

Regards

Robert

Great pics. Thanks, Re the B747 a few club members in our West Wales club, saw the same aircraft whose picture was taken in Swansea by Robert Parker. We guessed it was a Jumbo, but could not understand why the vapour trails were were near the wing tips. Now we know they were not vapour trails but the aircraft was dumping fuel. LoL

Posted by Robert Parker on 05/07/2016 20:54

I almost binned the camera after Saturdays shots, full of dust specs took me ages to get rid of them. Sunday morning I thought what the heck and cleaned the sensor and mirror although they appeared to be clean the shots proved otherwise.

Who knows, may have been fuel droplets on the lens.wink