Advert

Nice one Paul.

I have been flying one off water (floats) these past 6 years, and have  just sold it..    As Alan stated it would have been 'Solartex', mine was covered in 'Olive drab', and 'Antique'. Any reasonable model shop should carry a range of Tex covering. I did finish mine with two thin coats of clear Polyurethane  satin varnish, as I found in the past with out which the fabric can look grubby.  If you wish to see a picture of mine, look up  the gallery on     www,modelflyermagazine.com       it shows the Pup in flight,   also my  Veron Tomtit.              

• 8 years later...

HI chaps l too have a puppeteer that l recently aquired. It has been 4/5 ths covered in what l have been in formed as

nylon. l would like to finish the plane off in the same stuff ( as quite a fair amount came with the plane)

l have never used nylon covering and would be grateful for what to use to stick it down also do you use thinned dope to tighten it

any hints or tips will be gratefully received .

Nylon ( or tissue) can be applied to sheeted surfaces by wetting the nylon and wringing out a bit and then it will cling like a magnet to the sheeted bits. Brush dope trhought the still wet nylon. Sounds wrong but the dope evaporates the water.( remember when press photographers in a hurry used to dry their negatives by dipping in meths and letting it evaporate - it's the same thing )