naza lite and new DX7 failsafe

LHR Dave

Hi,

I am having problems getting the failsafe (return to home) function programmed to the Naza M lite using the new Spektrum DX7. The function I am after is the one that sets the controller to failsafe (RTH) when signal is lost between tx and rx.

I am using the spektrum AR8000 receiver.

I have programmed this feature successfully using the same type of receiver on a spektrum DX6i. It was a good few months ago and i cant remember how i did this.

I have used the naza m lite software and all other functions are programmed correctly ie GPS , ATTITUDE, FAILSAFE(via toggle switch).

Please note that I am using the new DX7.

Is there someone out there who can advise me on this, all help is much appreciated.

Dave

Advert

Apologies Dave, I did not read your post well enough, and you want RTH.

I suppose 90% of the time RTH works out, but where I fly, both incidents of RTH involved FPV flying down a dip in the landscape, and both finishing up in trees on the way back.

Both incidents obviously involved the pilots flying "out of line of sight" and too far out, so maybe got what they deserved

But fly "by the book" if you set RTH Dave

The BMFA Handbook quotes CAP 658 as saying " .....should have failsafe set as a minimum to reduce engine speed to idle on loss or corruption of signal" so it would appear that it is illegal in the UK to have the model set any other way than throttle at idle.

Posted by kc on 05/09/2016 17:57:11:

The BMFA Handbook quotes CAP 658 as saying " .....should have failsafe set as a minimum to reduce engine speed to idle on loss or corruption of signal" so it would appear that it is illegal in the UK to have the model set any other way than throttle at idle.

Far better that an MR returns home and lands safely than just drops out of the sky wherever it happens to be - as per Steve's linkthumbs up

I have to admit that deliberately cutting the RF output on the Tx for the first time, then watching an MR pause, turn round, come back and land does make you stand with a slightly silly grin on your face - and the hairs standing up on your neck! teeth 2

Pete

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 05/09/2016 22:28:52:
Posted by kc on 05/09/2016 17:57:11:

Far better that an MR returns home and lands safely than just drops out of the sky wherever it happens to be - as per Steve's linkthumbs up

I have to admit that deliberately cutting the RF output on the Tx for the first time, then watching an MR pause, turn round, come back and land does make you stand with a slightly silly grin on your face - and the hairs standing up on your neck! teeth 2

Pete

And will be included in future update to 658 https://bmfa.org/News/News-Page/ArticleID/2127/Advanced-Failsafe-Options-for-Rotorcraft. Opps I see this has already been posted, apologies

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 05/09/2016 22:58:48

• 2 months later...