Which make of wooden props are good and available in the UK?

John Smith 50

Posted by Rich2 on 10/09/2016 19:55:50:
Posted by cymaz on 10/09/2016 19:44:24:

Xoar props are goodie expensive. I have had some from HK and they have been of good quality.

I thought Xoar were quite reasonable? And balanced! How much are HK's?

I'm that tight fisted, I can make pips squeak!

Here for the HK props! Rich2. I find that  Kings Lynn Models are the cheapest for Xoar props, depending what size you want.

Edited By cymaz on 10/09/2016 20:08:39

it says so much in the descrption...........exactly right ... fly low fly 3d 

ongratulations on your purchase of the Extreme Flight RC 91" Extra 300EXP ARF! Designed specifically to handle the high G loads of Xtreme Aerobatics (XA), Freestyle routines, aggressive 3D maneuvers and precision aerobatics, the Extra was born of the desire to meet the demands of today's top ultra-aggressive pilots. Thoroughly flight tested by the likes of Donatas Pauzuolis, RJ Gritter, Daniel Holman, Devin McGrath, Michael Holman and Chris Hinson, the Extra has proven itself up to  ????

Edited By ben goodfellow 1 on 10/09/2016 20:33:14

Posted by cymaz on 10/09/2016 20:07:17:
Posted by Rich2 on 10/09/2016 19:55:50:
Posted by cymaz on 10/09/2016 19:44:24:

Xoar props are goodie expensive. I have had some from HK and they have been of good quality.

I thought Xoar were quite reasonable? And balanced! How much are HK's?

I'm that tight fisted, I can make pips squeak!

Here for the HK props! Rich2. I find that Kings Lynn Models are the cheapest for Xoar props, depending what size you want.

Edited By cymaz on 10/09/2016 20:08:39

I might give them a try next time I need a prop - which is pretty frequently!

Posted by ben goodfellow 1 on 10/09/2016 20:28:09:

ongratulations on your purchase of the Extreme Flight RC 91" Extra 300EXP ARF! Designed specifically to handle the high G loads of Xtreme Aerobatics (XA), Freestyle routines, aggressive 3D maneuvers and precision aerobatics, the Extra was born of the desire to meet the demands of today's top ultra-aggressive pilots. Thoroughly flight tested by the likes of Donatas Pauzuolis, RJ Gritter, Daniel Holman, Devin McGrath, Michael Holman and Chris Hinson, the Extra has proven itself up to ????

Very good Ben! But it doesn't change the fact that lots of people use them for scale aerobatics too!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 10/09/2016 20:44:02

I started experimenting with making my own props when I was 14 This was mainly because I couldn't get replacement blades for my variable pitch props. Great fun and you learn a lot. Using different woods in lamins ating them produces some lovely looking props and you can make all sorts of adjustments to shape, thickness ,pitch, washout etc. Give it a try .Even easier these days with Dremels etc Great for scale props for WW1 types etc Start simply using balsa for rubber jobs and go on from there . I've not done any for some time owing to health problems but I may do some more when I get mobile again . Good luck and have fun John

Posted by onetenor on 11/09/2016 05:11:47:

I started experimenting with making my own props when I was 14 This was mainly because I couldn't get replacement blades for my variable pitch props. Great fun and you learn a lot. Using different woods in lamins ating them produces some lovely looking props and you can make all sorts of adjustments to shape, thickness ,pitch, washout etc. Give it a try .Even easier these days with Dremels etc Great for scale props for WW1 types etc Start simply using balsa for rubber jobs and go on from there . I've not done any for some time owing to health problems but I may do some more when I get mobile again . Good luck and have fun John

That is very impressive, it is enough for me to have drill the holes in the prop!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 10/09/2016 20:43:32:
Posted by ben goodfellow 1 on 10/09/2016 20:28:09:

ongratulations on your purchase of the Extreme Flight RC 91" Extra 300EXP ARF! Designed specifically to handle the high G loads of Xtreme Aerobatics (XA), Freestyle routines, aggressive 3D maneuvers and precision aerobatics, the Extra was born of the desire to meet the demands of today's top ultra-aggressive pilots. Thoroughly flight tested by the likes of Donatas Pauzuolis, RJ Gritter, Daniel Holman, Devin McGrath, Michael Holman and Chris Hinson, the Extra has proven itself up to ????

Very good Ben! But it doesn't change the fact that lots of people use them for scale aerobatics too!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 10/09/2016 20:44:02

Designed for and used for are two completely different things, aren't they?

Before I cashed in on its antique value I owned a lovely old Tolley double 8 bore, it was designed for harvesting geese but I also harvested teal and, on one occasion, a snipe.

I also have a junior 60, owned one in one shape or another since the mid 50s, I know what it's designed for but I can loop it, do a passable roll with it and have tried, for the last 18 years or so to fly it inverted, unsuccessfully for more than a few metres.

Designed for and used for....dangerous to make assumptions...man up beb, ben is the lawyer's better bet on this one.