I've Got to Admit It's Getting Better

Dai Fledermaus

I just want to say how much RCM&E has improved in recent months.

I was one of those who moaned about what I thought was the increased content about drones or multi rotors ( please lets not resurrect that conversation ) but I have to say that the magazine seems to be back on track and is a much more interesting read because of it - for me at least.

So a vote of thanks from me to David Ashby and his editorial team.

Advert

I've often wondered, Does it actually get better the more times you read an issue.

My own current copy resides permanently right beside the toilet. I suppose I read it quite a few times, but, the more times I read an article, the better it gets......any psychologists out there....hey ho off to the workshop

ernie

Yes I agree , I gave up on the magazine some time ago as it just wasn't worth reading but as I do every year I stockpiled a couple of issues to take on holiday (Aug & Sep) and both were a great read.

A good balance of articles that offered good variety.

I was surprised by the lack of shopping pages tho ! Presumably due to web sales. This must be a bad loss of revenue for the magazine.

Like Percy, I'll be continuing to subscribe to RCM&E for the forceable future - the BMFA journal gets a 'blink and you'll miss it" flick through - & if I spot any of the other comics when I'm buying a newspaper I find myself compelled to have a flick through, but very rarely (couple of times a year - and usually regretted!) do I end up buying one.

Also an honourable mention for Beth Ashby, who went to a lot of trouble to resurrect and then get printed a discontinued plan for me. There's nowt like a family business for customer service and satisfaction.

Posted by Ernie on 11/09/2016 09:16:48:

I've often wondered, Does it actually get better the more times you read an issue.

My own current copy resides permanently right beside the toilet. I suppose I read it quite a few times, but, the more times I read an article, the better it gets......any psychologists out there....hey ho off to the workshop

ernie

The fact is that very few people critically read a magazine (or anything else for that matter). we tend to skim, read about 5-10 lines at once and consequently miss things - which is why a second/third/etc re-read provides much more info and as its a hobby, enjoyment. I tend to re-read many magazines, current and old ones and I get a lot of pleasure from them.

I think RCM&E is great - it has good months and better months, I will however miss Andy Ellison's column, always very topical and entertaining - or rather, it was.