Taranis voice

IanR

I have set up a throttle active/disabled switch on my Taranis and would like to add the voice. Watching a Painless 360 video he simply adds it from his voice commands. The voice commands in my Taranis do not include these phrases.

After much internetting I think I need to download the "Amber" voice pack and then copy the two wav files onto my SD card. However, all the links for Amber voice pack which I have been able to find point to an RCGroups thread and the link on this thread does not appear to work - I get sent to a keyboardmonkey.com web-site and asked if I want to purchase this domain name but no sign of the necessary sound zip files.

Can anyone point me to a working link to download the Amber voice pack or, alternatively, could anyone send me the two wav files for throttle active and throttle disabled.

Many thanks. Ian

OK first - Ian PM me your email address and I will send you the appropriate wav files for "Engine On" and "Engine Disabled".

But I find there is a better way of doing this than downloading a voice pack. You see, whatever pack you get you will find that there is something that you want that isn't in there. So its better to locate a bit of freeware/shareware/demoware that allows you to type in any phrase and it uses a voice synthesiser to speak it. You then save the output as a wav file. Now you can have your Taranis say absolutely anything you want!!

AT&T used to have a website with a superb one of these called "Crystal" if I remember correctly - but sadly "she" is no longer available. The sounds I have promised to send you are from Crystal. But now you can use a system called "Verbose" which does a similar thing. The main difference being that AT&T didn't bother you - you just used their software and went away. Verbose try hard to sell you the software - but you don't have to buy it you can just use the demo - because this is not something you want to do all the time - just now and then.

Hope that helps

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 16/09/2016 12:53:04

Thanks, BEB.

BEB, I read Dick's post and immediately began to download the zip file and copied the two wave files to my SD card. My Taranis is now saying "throttle active" and "throttle disabled" as required so I won't trouble you for the Crystal wav files but many many thanks all the same - and for the "verbose" info which I will look into, later.

Thanks, Dick. You have saved me from pulling my hair out.

Ian

Not sure what voice pack I have but my motor enable/disable switch has 'Throttle hold' and 'Engine on' voice prompts. It could be Amber but I'm not sure. Not ideal but adequate.

I've also added my own voice commands but I do it so infrequently I forget how I did it - that's old age, I think However, I'll look at the Verbose software. I'm pretty immune from persuasion unless I feel guilty enough that I use something so much that I contribute anyway.

I do really like the way my Taranis uses voice prompts. I use altitude (switched but usually every 15 secs) and time elapsed (every minute).

Geoff

It is important you get the correct Amber pack for the OpenTX version you are using. They are different for OpenTX 2.0 and 2.1. Otherwise you'll have problems with some of the telemetry voice prompts.

There's a new voice generator for OpenTX. See here:

**LINK**

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to find the zip file. Its rather good, I found Amy to be the best voice.

Finally check the "How to's" at the end of my docs, it shows how to set up an (almost) foolproof throttle disable switch that cannot be accidentally switched off in flight.

Just to add a bit about the voice generator. It allows you to create a whole series of phrases, and then save them. You can listen to them and give each one a filename. Then when you check the folder where the phrase file is stored you will find all your phrases saved in a ".wav" directory. Magic!

capture2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 13/10/2016 00:40:27:

Half a dozen pilots on the flight line with voice alerts, it's like the Tower of Babel. Confuses my hearing aid something shocking.

We have less than half a dozen at any one time, but I agree with you -- I don't know if it's my timer telling me to land, or the next guy's. I'm seriously thinking of using an earpiece with my Taranis. It will help when I'm flying helis too, because at the moment I can rarely hear my timer with them flying.

Having got my Taranis to say "throttle active" and "throttle disabled" I then set up one of the knobs to act as a volume control. I suppose I should really begin each message with "This message is for Ian. Everyone else disregard..."

Ian

If there's a lot of people around I use an earphone. My messages are usually once/minute timer periods but if I'm flying my Phoenix 2K its altitude every 10 seconds.

I found a really good text to sound generator a while ago but can't find it now. The one I did use gives a really weedy sound. The other was very authoritive - like that I'll try the one linked to above.

Geoff