Ashbourne Scale Day

Good Afternoon all

To all our Scale Day is set for Oct 16th, in case of wetness we have a reserve date of the 30th, all the usual gates open 8 30 flying starts 10 am, its a relaxed fly in with few restrictions you can bring and fly anything scale be it an RTF foamy or a scale masterpiece, fixed wing/heli WHY all welcome to our strip of tarmac and grass, food available, as is tea and coffee all day, basic loo (blue box) names here if you would like to attend

so far the list reads

Wilco... give that man an oatcake :af
Richard.........................
Stu................................
Chris,Dave...................

Chris, Dave,Dennis....
Rob..........................
Richard.....................
Dennis........................
Mrplay
.Gorgon Whithead :af :af
Quorneng
Lindsair
Rugsley........................Richard :xx
Big Black Fokker..........Paul
Chris Barlow + Paul
Brian Cooper................. :'' :''

those of you who have been before would be great to welcome you back those new to us HI come on down, we usually have a blast!!

chris

Edited By ceejay on 29/09/2016 16:00:48

Found it

Richard.........................
Stu................................
Chris,Dave...................

Chris, Dave,Dennis....
Rob..........................
Richard.....................
Dennis........................
Mrplay
.Gorgon Whithead :af :af
Quorneng
Lindsair
Chris Barlow + Paul
Brian Cooper

AND more

Chris B

Simon Chaddock

Chris Barlow..................... Yes Cheffy has his orders oatcakes ordered

Dylan Reynolds...................... Ditto above Dylan

Tim Hooper......................... Can I come and play Tiggies with mine please? chris

Lindsay Todd

Danny Fenton

woo and Hoo!!

chris

Edited By ceejay on 29/09/2016 18:03:01

Don't see why not. There'll be a lot there as club members who don't actually fly. Just be aware that the gate is locked normally so it's easier if you get there between 8.30 and 10 when someone will be guarding the gate (could be me).

Chris is the chief organiser probably helped by Ian Redshaw (I hope) but Ian's been having an aeromodelling sabbatical this year.

Geoff

All set peeps

there are a couple of requests for overnight so just fired off an e mail to t'committee just to check all is well, usually no probs.
info for first time visitors

Ashbourne was the highest RAF in England and due to this and our slightly northern local even on a bright sunny day, which we have booked, it will be cold so bring a good coat or two, Notam is in place, thanks Dave :af, for 1500ft above site and a 1 mile rad :af :af
again for newbies and as a reminder, gates open as soon after 8 am I or Ian can get there, and will close at 10, if you are arriving after that please pm me and you can have the day code for the lock on gate or a mobile number to call and we will let you in, its one of the landowners rules that we have a locked perimeter,

cheers all see you soon

chris

ps room for more still   and John please do you are more than welcome, and the food is good!!

Edited By ceejay on 05/10/2016 10:15:00

any hoo every one decision time tomorrow evening at latest

whats the weather like, Its showing dry with winds of 12 mph and the poss of showers from 3pm

Ashbourne as all airfields quite exposed and given its altitude can be quite breezy so will have a chat to Ian and others
any thoughts peeps as we can go to our fall back date of the 30th if Sunday looks less than pleasant

still space for the event whatever day we hold it on

chris

HI ALL........IMPORTANT MESSAGE>>>>>>>>

just spoken to Ian re Sunday

The main upshot is that the local weather forecast is ..not good, with potential for 30mph winds rain and thunder, so to give everyone plenty of notice we have decided to postpone the event until our reserve date

SUN 30th OCT

we have taken an early decision to give all of you time to re organise for the 30th

nowt different other than the date, so if you could not make this weekend and find yourselves available for 30th then its good news, if however you find yourselves unable to make the next date then sorry peeps but ashbourne is not where you want to be when its windy and wet, even the RAF thought so and moved out!!

so the 30th I will pm as many as I can later to confirm the cancellation and new date

please let me know if you can,t make the 30th or indeed if anyone now can then add your names to the thread and I will update the list just a rough idea of numbers is all its for for cheffy and the caterers :af :af

Richard.........................F6FRD
Stu................................Stucno
Chris,Dave...................Wunwinglow
P40man
Chris, Dave,Dennis.....Peersy
Rob..............................SparkyRobbo
Richard.........................Pylon
Dennis..........................Mattrock
Mrplay
Gordo...........................Gorgon Whithead :af :af
Quorneng
Lindsair
Chris Barlow + Paul
Brian Cooper................. :'' :'' (put Ladyhole Lane Ashbourne into google maps Brian, you can see the site on the left, I think there is only one Lane of that name in UK!!)
Chris B
Simon Chaddock
Dylan Reynolds
Tim Hooper
Lindsay Todd
Danny Fenton
Dave and Ryan

cheers all

Chris Ian

good to hear folks

see you all on the 30th

i have a question for all regarding the catering, in the past i have been ablr to scource the burgers sausages etc wholesale though a friend and butcher, unfortunately the man has retired, i know rude!! $%& so the question is do we go cheap and cheerful frozen or proper hand made butchery 1/4 pounders (they are very nice) the difference of course is cost and the hand made types will cost at least twice the price to purchase, now we dont mind as we only aim to cover costs with catering its a non profit service, so preferences please
and yes we do cater for the vegimitarians too :af

cheers
chris

Hi Glyn

DE6 1LR will get you to the Lane our site entrance is on, Ladyhole Lane at its junction with theA52 Ashbourne to Derby road at Yeldersly, once you have turned into the lane the site entrance is the second set of large gates on the left, cant miss it its the end of the runway, they will be open and manned untill 9,45 and locked thereafter with a coded lock the code for which will be available the day prior to the event ie 29th via private message on here, or a phone number, ring to get someone to come and let you in, the locked gates are a condition of our landowners, hope you can make it on the 30th.

chris

Glynn no probs just ring me when you arrive, see your messages for number before you set off,

Hi All

hope you all had a busy sunday readying for the 30th :af weather here was dire first thing sunday torrential rain which did clear through by 11ish for a while then showers, but the real killer for flying was the wind, it was v windy local to me so i would imagine that on airfield it would have been near gale force, still i have booked better for next time, goats and virgins beware :'' :''

chris