Galaxy Models Kits

kc

I see that Traplet are now advertising Galaxy Kits on their website. --- actually it links through to the old MyHobbyStores site. They offer the traditional kits like the Magician for 63 pounds or the Wizard for 53 pounds and quite a few others at attractive prices. It takes a bit of finding the Galaxy section so the link is here

These are well proven designs and at the moment they seem to be the best value in build it yourself kits. Actually they surely beat similar size laser cut parts and plans for value for money. It would be nice to think that Traplet will continue to sell these kits at the same competive prices in future.

A good item to put on your Christmas present list perhaps?

Advert

I have an original magician still in the box waiting to be built, have had a number of galaxy kits over the years and always enjoyed building and flying them,

magician, twin hornet, hornet, foxjet, mystic, domino, the smaller magician(lol cant remember what was name)

I can certainly vouch for the Magician. I had one years ago powered by a Laser 50 and more recently an electric one with a 400W setup. Both flew really well, for 63 quid it's a bargain. I moved the cockpit position on both mine though, never liked the look of it in front of the fin, although there are plenty that do.

Modified Magician

I wonder if this is the same Galaxy company who made an electric glider kit called Aquarius, 6' wingspan? I bought it on Ebay a while ago and built it successfully (with one or two mistakes and alterations along the way), my first such build in several decades... I was told it dates from the '80s, and certainly it is far more delicately built than a current design would be, intended as it was for heavier and less efficient power. I found the build fairly straightforward and enjoyable, and under guidance from a friend (thanks David!) it's flown three times, which is gratifying.

Interesting that the brand has been revived.

rgds Tony

It is certainly not the same company but the same designs that Galaxy have made for decades.

Trevor's version of the Magician looks so much better than the standard one that it seems the way to go ( There was a version similar to Trevor's in the Galaxy range called Firebird at some time but it's no longer listed.  Also a twin finned version called Merlin)

Edited By kc on 07/11/2016 11:18:08