RIZLA +

My electric version of a Swamp Rat has 350 watts which is enough to be very aerobatic but only gives about 6 minute flights on a 3S 2200 lipo but that's enough for me. If you look back on the forum you will see Gary likes much more power than that!

We have not seen a plan for any of the Rizla versions so we don't know exactly how it differs from a Swamp Rat, but somewhere Gary said he slimmed the wing section down on his second ( rebuilt?) version.

It's worth noting that the Swamp Rat has a wing very similar to the Ohmen and the Alley Cat ( RCMW Feb 2014 / Peter Miller one ) which are both low wing planes. Ohmen has slightly bigger aileron chord though, and all wing tips are a bit different. But I think you could build a Swamp Rat wing from an Ohmen plan which is still available ( mag was in the shops last week but not this week). Maybe the larger ailerons would be better anyway. The same wing could probably be used for both if the top fairings were left off wing ( it's easier to cover a wing without the bulge of the fairing!)

• 1 year later...

Hi Bob

I remade this model with a much of the shelf parts I could find with the view to go ahead and kit it !

Still needs some work but that is still my intention .

I have build some for my flying buddies but work does get in the way

So iam not sure when I will have it done but I will do it

Regards Gary