Wanhao i3 Duplicator V2

Colin Leighfield

There's no chance of getting a Malyan 150 or 180 in reasonable time, so looking at the information I can find I've decided that the Wanhao i3 Duplicator looks promising. All the write-ups I've seen are good. It appears to have everything I will need included a heated glass bed. It's coming from Technology Outlet and delivery will be after 10 January. Total cost including print spray pro-pack and 1kg of filament +vat is £334. I'm told that's all I need to get started. I'm totally green and clueless, but hopefully I will work my through it.

• 3 weeks later...

You're right though Ian, it is! Very little to do out of the box. Fix the tower and the bed together with 4 small Allan head bolts and plug in some connectors. Turn it on and follow the instructions, which are good. They have to be with a dimwit like me!

I'll be going steady with this, too many other things to do and learn, but it looks promising, very pleased so far. It's got the heated glass bed that everyone seems to think is important and I've got a kg. pack of the pla to get started. Very pleased with Technology Outlet so far, I think that for something that is basically ready to go as received this is good value. I'll see if I can run it tonight.

Edited By Colin Leighfield on 12/01/2017 08:53:36

Thanks OG - in my mind I think of it as a release agent, as I always struggle getting ABS off an aluminium bed! I use an acetone slurry painted on to that to do the same job, but I see there are some fancy thin plastic sheets that are in vogue at the moment for doing a cleaner and less wasteful job.

A commercial one here

Or a basic PEI sheet here