6g, 2290kv motor for Sharkface

jonryan

Advert

That motor is too small to give the required power & it's overpriced - should cost about half as much.

You going to need about the same weight as an 049 glow or .8cc diesel so may as well get a motor of around 50 - 60g.
Never had a Sharkface but I'm using an AXI 2208/34 in an X-Kraft. The AXI is really too pricey for such a model but I got it S/H. Something a similar weight, KV & max amp rating should be good in a Sharky. It's 57g, 1100KV & around 10A rated - I use 3s 900 lipo.

Edited By PatMc on 12/01/2017 11:25:52

Completely agree with PatMc; that motor is way too small for your purposes. Remember the 3W/g rule for cheap motors - multiply the mass by three to get a rough real world max power in Watts that the motor can generate without overheating. From that you can calculate a max current at the voltage you are intending to operate it on.

Edited By MattyB on 12/01/2017 11:32:38

Posted by jonryan on 12/01/2017 11:43:01:

John: That looks OK. Does it have connectors?

Hi, the two smaller motors in that range don't have connectors, simply bare ends.

I was looking again at the specs for the smaller C1826/31, but you need the power equivalent of a can 400 6V - which beats a Cox Black Widow by 1000rpm on a 6x4. I like the look of the 2028/20 far better for the Shark Face.

Regards,

John

Phil: Thanks. That's about what I thought. Is my weight target about right (~10oz)? I

Yep the one in the pic is about 10oz, quite a bit lighter than Eric's original

I'm putting an elevator on mine.

What on earth for? its a single channel model, probably the most popular single-channel model ever!

Cheers
Phil

"What on earth for? its a single channel model, probably the most popular single-channel model ever!"

I'm still a rookie. This will be my first small, fast model; I'm going to need all the help I can get! It isn't going to fly quite the same as the Astro Hog I'm working up to my 'A' on. laugh

Jonryan, thee examples shown illustrate what can be achieved, but the easiest model to fly, and to get out of trouble, in my view, is 4 channel. Now, a rudder only, almost free flight model can be guided around, an is a pleasure, especially if you built it yoursef, but if a gust puts it inverted, you would be glad of ailerons. There are 100s of suitable models out there. HK has a 4 channel Mini Stick, ready built, with the motor and connections that you queried in your original post for £20, and it just needs micro servos, lipo and RX to fly, have a look.

That's why I'm mostly using an Astro Hog for learning. I've got a lightweight 3 channel for calm days in the field next to my house, and a four channel trainer I built from a Traplet plan but which can be a bit of a handful. The Astro was built by a very experienced flyer, and is a delight.