Hitec Flash 8 & Optima receiver

Campbell Jones

After may years of using Futaba kit on 35MHz I have taken a giant leap into the unknown and purchased a Hitec Flash 8 / Opima 9 rx combo but try as I may I cannot seem to get the Rx to bind with the TX as per the instructions in the manual.Have even left them running for over four hours but not a dicky bird.... HELP!

Advert

Hi Campbell, welcome to the forum with your first post.

I don't have a flash 8 but I do have other Hitec Tx's, on these the symptoms you describe can occur if the Tx is in the wrong mode as indicated by the colour of the flashing lights. I don't have instructions to hand but that's the first thing to check - if you have a red flshing light when it should be blue (or vice versa) then there's a reason and it will not bind.

Hi Campbell

The binding procedure is clear in the manual, and occurs in seconds, so do not leave the equipment running that length of time as it is not designed for that.

Remember, about 10 beats, 30 seconds at the most, then review what you did, and match that with the manual

Edited By Denis Watkins on 12/02/2017 20:29:45

This is how I understand it Campbell.

Hitec 2.4ghz set up: ON OFF

Turn on and off sequence at all times - Transmitter on then Receiver - Receiver off then Transmitter

Next

To Link and Bind - Do this within 18” of transmitter and receiver. Hold Link button and turn on transmitter, 2 secs (start of SmartScan), release link button, check red led blinking, press link button for 2 secs, press and hold link button on receiver and turn on, blue led on receiver will blink rapidly finding the transmitter signal, release the receiver link button when the blue led on the receiver glows steady. When the link is complete the transmitter red led will blink. To save the setting turn off both receiver and transmitter and turn both on again. When turned on again the red led on the transmitter red and receiver blue leds will glow steady.

What is SmartScan ? - as above it is to find the cleanest frequency most stable in any area, when the scan is complete the red led stops blinking, now reboot transmitter by turning off and on and follow the bind process with the transmitter and receiver as above.

Doing the above Campbell should give you a 'link and bind'. Sorry if this is teaching how to suck eggs, I've tried to type it out in it's simplest terms.

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 12/02/2017 20:46:52

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 12/02/2017 20:47:10

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 12/02/2017 20:49:06

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 12/02/2017 21:01:51

You need a separate Rx battery and switch to bind if using on an electric powered model as you have to depress the bind button on the Rx before you turn on the power, which is impossible if you are trying to depress the button and plug in a lipo. It took me a few goes when I first changed to Hitec but following the instructions carefully it is not too difficult.

John

hello cambell,the first time you do the binding it is a bit of a faff......but after a couple of go's its ok....make sure you don't have the TX and Rx too close together....check out the link for more info etc.....also U-Tube has some good video's showing how to...

ken Anderson...ne....1 ...first time dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 13/02/2017 10:12:14