Tablet Acer Iconia 8inch

fly boy3

Advert

I have one that I bought from a car boot sale for £5 a couple of weeks ago. The reason it was so cheap is that this particular one had a well known problem with battery charging where it would not charge to full capacity, often not even reaching 10% charge and shutting down fairly quickly thereafter. The fix is to remove the back by ripping it off with your fingernails, remove the non-removeable battery by easing it off the self adhesive pads, and then disconnecting it from the motherboard. Reconnect the battery and reassemble, problem fixed but for how long no one knows. Not for the faint hearted if you've paid full price, but for a fiver I was prepared to risk it. It's quite a nice tablet and I carry it round in a big coat pocket, which I can't do with my Samsung. Good display, but an absolutely useless camera, worst I've ever seen on a tablet. Only runs Android KitKat, which might be an issue if you want to run more recent apps.