Magazine viewer

Glyn44

Advert

Does not work for me either, just get a grey screen and occasionally a message 'tap twice to zoom or swipe' don't think that this has ever worked for me. Not a feature I have used previously, I have a Samsung galaxy tab pro on android if that helps !

Paul.

Hi Paul,

As stated above it's worked ok for me for 12 months or more, but has stopped working now . My symptoms are aexactly as yours, grey screen and no magazine pages displayed. And, of course, I'm paying a subscription for it. I'll give it a couple more days then will cancel if not fixed. (Admin please note.)

Cheers, Glyn.

Sorry about the delay, gents...

The mags are working for me on Win 10, so I assume the issue is with tablets. I think Pocketmags are the best people to ask about this problem, rather than here. I've found an FAQ page on the Pocketmags site which may offer a solution. Failing that, contacting them may be the answer.

I can't offer any other ideas at present, unfortunately.

Pete

Sorry Pete but I'm not quite getting this. I log into model flying website, go to the members area, and then archives. I click on the link for RCM&E magazine and I am forwarded to:

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/members/digitaleditions/popup.asp?t=3&i=2442

Which is the page that now just appears blank grey. As you can see I am still inside your website, and my subscription is valid, it says for another 26 days.

I do have the pocket mags app which works ok, but it requires me to purchase any edition that I want to open!

So what am I supposed to be receiving for my digital subscription and where from?

As I have already said this has worked ok on my iPad for a couple of years upto recently. There has been no IOS update on my tablet for some time, so I don't think the problem is my end.

Regards, Glyn.

There seems to be a glitch on the subs side then, Glyn. I too have had similar problems when renewal time approaches, so it may be an admin issue at their end. I'll PM Beth Ashby, who deals with subs problems, although I'm not sure she or the Pocketmags subs team be around at the weekend.

That link works fine for me, btw....

Please accept my apologies for the quite justifiable frustration it obviously causescrook

Pete

Posted by Glyn44 on 13/05/2017 09:48:06:

I do have the pocket mags app which works ok, but it requires me to purchase any edition that I want to open!

So what am I supposed to be receiving for my digital subscription and where from?

As I have already said this has worked ok on my iPad for a couple of years upto recently. There has been no IOS update on my tablet for some time, so I don't think the problem is my end.

Regards, Glyn.

Glyn44 - I too have a digital sub and the website works fine on my Win10 desktop. The PocketMag site works fine on my Android tablet. I don’t have to purchase the mag on the PocketMag site, just download it as part of my RCM&E sub and have several years stored on it.

Edited By Steven Shaw on 13/05/2017 12:36:43

Hi all,

I've been looking into all three accounts and you are all set up with the correct subscription in the back systems of this website and I am able to view the magazine as they should be on a PC screen.

Have you tried clearing the cache on your iPad? This can sometimes work miracles!

If you still have no luck, if you let me know, I will go back to the subscriptions department and see what they can do their end.

Beth

Hi Beth, just logged in using my pc windows 10 and the viewer works fine 👍. Still can't get the viewer to work on my android tablet, cleared the cache but no luck.i think that it might be that android does not like the Adobe Flash programme the the viewer uses 😨. Looks like one for the techies to take a look at 😀.

Paul.

Just cleared the cache and history same problem though, will try on the laptop but far from ideal. Works fine on the laptop so it seems specific to tablets, I am using an  Ipad. Good luck getting it sorted

Edited By Alan Cruickshank on 15/05/2017 13:38:25

Edited By Alan Cruickshank on 15/05/2017 13:39:39

Just found this on the Internet 😱 it would appear that later android devices and I think ipads will not run Adobe Flash 😨

Note: Adobe has abandoned Flash for Android distribution. Adobe Flash Player for Android will not work on devices with Android 4.0.1 or higher.

Paul 😢

I've just started up my steam-driven Hudl and that too is just showing a grey screen in the Digital Archive. It's Android, version 4.2.2. The downloaded mags in the RCM&E app are working fine.

I've PM'd Katy, our techie, to see if she can help....

Pete

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 15/05/2017 15:56:44

Posted by Paul C. on 15/05/2017 14:20:35:

Just found this on the Internet 😱 it would appear that later android devices and I think ipads will not run Adobe Flash 😨

Note: Adobe has abandoned Flash for Android distribution. Adobe Flash Player for Android will not work on devices with Android 4.0.1 or higher.

Paul 😢

iPads have never run Flash.

iPads have never run the flash app. I.e used in the standard Safari web browser. But I have owned, and used, an iPad for several years. The viewer has always worked before for me. If can't read the mag on my tablet, it's no use to me at all.

The model boats magazine is displaying ok. So it would seem to me that there ha been a system alteration server side. Still not tried it out on my iMac.

When I opened the viewer on my windows 10 pc the Adobe Flash loading message appeared so I assumed that that was what the application was using for all devices. Sound's like it's not that simple 😯 Fingers crossed it's just a server setting issue, bit surprised that there are not lots of other folks reporting the same problem 😯 perhaps it's just us with the problem 😂

Paul.

Mmmm I've got a couple of third party browsers, downloaded from the App Store that I use for watching flash streams. They both work fine. I have tried to use the archive with these browsers. No joy. Same problem. Pretty fed up now. Paying for nothing.

I have just tried Chrome and still a no go however I tried the free sample (Jan 2009) and that works. Given that the whole thing works in Windows 10 on a laptop but doesn't on either IPad or Android could there be a common setting on our systems that is blocking the membership information when the magazine viewer loads? Just a thought but given you are not getting hundreds of complaints it is worth looking at.